L4150 Hydraulic shuttle?

/ L4150 Hydraulic shuttle? #1  
Tractor
kubota L4150
Hi my name is Harold. I have a Kubota L4150. My issue is that my tractor seems to be losing pressure when under a load. For instance if i was trying to push something or pull something, the machine would seem to pop out of gear. but the gear select would be in the correct position. It feels like a pressure relief valve is kicking or something of that nature. i Had just changed all the fluid to the kubota super udt. did not help. the back hoe works, the bucket does everything, up down tilt everything. But when it comes to moving forward or backwards it just wont move under any kind of load at all what so ever. I was reading in the manual about a pressure relief that you can increase pressure with shims. ANY ONE HAVE ANY CLUE?!?!?!

It is a kubota 4wd L4150 with hydraulic shuttle.

/ L4150 Hydraulic shuttle? #4  
Hi my name is Harold. I have a Kubota L4150. My issue is that my tractor seems to be losing pressure when under a load. For instance if i was trying to push something or pull something, the machine would seem to pop out of gear. but the gear select would be in the correct position. It feels like a pressure relief valve is kicking or something of that nature. i Had just changed all the fluid to the kubota super udt. did not help. the back hoe works, the bucket does everything, up down tilt everything. But when it comes to moving forward or backwards it just wont move under any kind of load at all what so ever. I was reading in the manual about a pressure relief that you can increase pressure with shims. ANY ONE HAVE ANY CLUE?!?!?!

It is a kubota 4wd L4150 with hydraulic shuttle.

I have the same tractor and problem. Did you figure it out? Thanks.....

/ L4150 Hydraulic shuttle? #5  
I have the same tractor and problem. Did you figure it out? Thanks.....

I know this thread is old But did either of you figure out the problem ??

/ L4150 Hydraulic shuttle? #6  
On a L4150 the shuttle valve is inside the cowl. It's kinda buried in there, not easily accessible without getting the instrument panel out of the way. Look for worn or disconnected linkage.

On the shuttle valve there's a 3-position "orifice" setting to control how abruptly it shifts. Dealers would set it for your climate. On the smallest setting (for hot climates) it might affect shifting into gear if the oil is dirty.

/ L4150 Hydraulic shuttle? #7  
On a L4150 the shuttle valve is inside the cowl.

What do you mean by the cowl the hood or the cover to the instrument panel I hope you mean cover to the instrument panel and you or someone knows how to remove one as I need to.

/ L4150 Hydraulic shuttle? #8  
The shuttle valve is under the instrument pod. Going from memory, take off the plastic cover below the steering wheel, take out the screws that hold the pod, lift it just enough to get a hand in to unscrew the rpm/hourmeter cable. Its pretty dirty in there and hard to tell what's what. I remember adjusting the shifting harshness by rotating a small lever on the valve. There was nothing else hooked to it - like maybe they intended it to be easily adjustable but got away from that, having dealers adjust it instead. I made a tool from about a 12" chunk off the the end of an old fishing rod - the line guide on the end would slip over the pin on the lever for moving it. Good luck Dick B

/ L4150 Hydraulic shuttle? #9  
I think i have to remove the entire exterior cover as my instrument panel is not really protected from rain or dust. iAppears the exterior cover is not in the correct position (broken hold downs)? or the instrument panel is not in the proper position. Something just ain't right.

I hate to do it without guidance. I looked through my workshop manual and never found anything. Seems their should be a section on removal of this cover, I will have to go through the manual again on a rainy day page by page (3 inches of pages).

Anyone have any suggestions? I would guess I should start a new Thread regarding this issue any suggestions as to where ? Thanks

M15502 HOOD(BONNET) REAR ## NOTE ORDER BY REFNo015 and FigNoB10500 REFNo030 NEW PARTS.pngP9110061.JPGP9110061.JPGP9110068.JPGP9110071.JPG

/ L4150 Hydraulic shuttle? #10  
On the L4150 the shuttle valve is inside under the instrument panel. On a M5140 the valve is on the trans. The M5140's rear bonnet is quite different than on a L4150. A new thread with "M5140 Bonnet" in the title might get more response. Take care, Dick B