Twin hydro pedals?

/ Twin hydro pedals? #1  

Z RENCH

Silver Member
Tractor
09 Bobcat CT335,09 ct440,08 Kioti DK55, 10 DK45HST, 10 DK40HST, & an 09 John Deere 4720
Can anyone tell me if Kubota makes or has made any hydrostat trans models with twin pedals vs a treadle pedal?:confused:

/ Twin hydro pedals? #2  
My B2620 has twin pedals, but it's not like the Deere setup, reverse is a heel pedal. Takes a little getting used to but I like it more than the other design.

I still have a x748 so I haven't built up any muscle memory for the kubota system yet, leading me to a lot of empty air peddle action:)

/ Twin hydro pedals? #3  
Can anyone tell me if Kubota makes or has made any hydrostat trans models with twin pedals vs a treadle pedal?:confused:

Learn to love the treadle pedal, it is your friend, become one with the treadle:)

It takes about 2 days to come to grips with the treadle. Put you foot flat on the top for small quick movements. (loading back and forth) For transporting longer distances rest your heel on the floor and your toe on the L extension. Once you get this down, you will throw rocks at the 2 pedal system. (now putting on asbestos suit):D Flame ON!

James K0UA

/ Twin hydro pedals? #4  
I have a 748 with twin pedals and a treadle on my L3400. I go back and forth between them without thinking. Not really sure which I prefer.

I will say when I first got the 748, a couple of times I hit forward instead of reverse, I was lucky I wasn't close to anything. Never did that with the treadle.

/ Twin hydro pedals?
Thanx for the input guys. I was dreaming about getting an L5740 cab which is the biggest hydro model Kubota offers, but I don't knowif I could do a treadle after using twin pedals for years. JD's 4720 has twin pedals, but their cab is too small.So I think I'll stick with Bobcats for know. Over & Out!:thumbsup:

/ Twin hydro pedals? #6  
Thanx for the input guys. I was dreaming about getting an L5740 cab which is the biggest hydro model Kubota offers, but I don't knowif I could do a treadle after using twin pedals for years. JD's 4720 has twin pedals, but their cab is too small.So I think I'll stick with Bobcats for know. Over & Out!:thumbsup:

Honestly I dont think it will make a lot of difference. I think it is just what ever you get used to. Knowing how many people like the 2 pedal and how many of us really like the single pedal system. We can't all be wrong. It is just a matter of habit or "preference".. Pretty much a non issue.

James K0UA

/ Twin hydro pedals? #7  
Honestly I dont think it will make a lot of difference. I think it is just what ever you get used to. Knowing how many people like the 2 pedal and how many of us really like the single pedal system. We can't all be wrong. It is just a matter of habit or "preference".. Pretty much a non issue.

James K0UA

I totally agree.

/ Twin hydro pedals? #8  
Pretty much what ccsial and k0ua, we used the twin pedal JD425 for years before getting a BX then 2305; use both kinds and no real strong preference for me while my wife strongly prefers the treadle.

If you have tried both and the twin pedal fits you best then that's the way to go. You do have to spend a little time on them to know as my FIL put his new JD in the pond when he first got it, but got use to it and liked it.

/ Twin hydro pedals? #9  
I still miss the treadle on my old B8200. It was really my first tractor, I had it 12 years, and my big feet let me easily heel/toe the treadle.

When I jumped from the 19hp Kubota to 40hp NH, I stayed with HST. But, this NH has side by side pedals. After a couple years, I still yearn for that treadle sometimes. Not a really big deal, but it(treadle) seemed to work great for me.

/ Twin hydro pedals? #10  

James K0UA

Kinda like when I first started riding a Harley with heel/toe shifter. Took a couple of days to get used to, but I can imagine any other way now.
The only 2 pedal HST I ever used was a JD riding mower with Twin Touch.