Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    09 Bobcat CT335,09 ct440,08 Kioti DK55, 10 DK45HST, 10 DK40HST, & an 09 John Deere 4720

Default Twin hydro pedals?

Can anyone tell me if kubota makes or has made any hydrostat trans models with twin pedals vs a treadle pedal?
    Z RENCH If your car is broke and you're not, come see me!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3940 HST-3

Default Re: Twin hydro pedals?

My B2620 has twin pedals, but it's not like the Deere setup, reverse is a heel pedal. Takes a little getting used to but I like it more than the other design.

I still have a x748 so I haven't built up any muscle memory for the kubota system yet, leading me to a lot of empty air peddle action
    Kubota Grand L 3940 HST-3 (2012)
    LA 724 Loader with SSQA
    72" QA HD Bucket
    72" QA Std Material Bucket with WR Long Bucket Grapple
    72" Ratchet Rake
    72" Woods Box Scraper
    72" Woods PRD7200 Rear Finish Mower

2011 Ford F250 SD CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Liberty 18' Equipment Trailer

It's not about the color, but what you like in a Tractor that counts!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Z RENCH View Post
    Can anyone tell me if kubota makes or has made any hydrostat trans models with twin pedals vs a treadle pedal?

Learn to love the treadle pedal, it is your friend, become one with the treadle

It takes about 2 days to come to grips with the treadle. Put you foot flat on the top for small quick movements. (loading back and forth) For transporting longer distances rest your heel on the floor and your toe on the L extension. Once you get this down, you will throw rocks at the 2 pedal system. (now putting on asbestos suit) Flame ON!

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

I have a 748 with twin pedals and a treadle on my L3400. I go back and forth between them without thinking. Not really sure which I prefer.

I will say when I first got the 748, a couple of times I hit forward instead of reverse, I was lucky I wasn't close to anything. Never did that with the treadle.
    Kubota L3400-HST, Ford 1910-Gear FEL, John Deere X748SE

Tractor
    09 Bobcat CT335,09 ct440,08 Kioti DK55, 10 DK45HST, 10 DK40HST, & an 09 John Deere 4720

Thanx for the input guys. I was dreaming about getting an L5740 cab which is the biggest hydro model kubota offers, but I don't knowif I could do a treadle after using twin pedals for years. JD's 4720 has twin pedals, but their cab is too small.So I think I'll stick with Bobcats for know. Over & Out!
    Z RENCH If your car is broke and you're not, come see me!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Z RENCH View Post
    Thanx for the input guys. I was dreaming about getting an L5740 cab which is the biggest hydro model kubota offers, but I don't knowif I could do a treadle after using twin pedals for years. JD's 4720 has twin pedals, but their cab is too small.So I think I'll stick with Bobcats for know. Over & Out!
    Honestly I dont think it will make a lot of difference. I think it is just what ever you get used to. Knowing how many people like the 2 pedal and how many of us really like the single pedal system. We can't all be wrong. It is just a matter of habit or "preference".. Pretty much a non issue.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Honestly I dont think it will make a lot of difference. I think it is just what ever you get used to. Knowing how many people like the 2 pedal and how many of us really like the single pedal system. We can't all be wrong. It is just a matter of habit or "preference".. Pretty much a non issue.

James K0UA
    I totally agree.
    Kubota L3400-HST, Ford 1910-Gear FEL, John Deere X748SE

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Pretty much what ccsial and k0ua, we used the twin pedal JD425 for years before getting a BX then 2305; use both kinds and no real strong preference for me while my wife strongly prefers the treadle.

If you have tried both and the twin pedal fits you best then that's the way to go. You do have to spend a little time on them to know as my FIL put his new JD in the pond when he first got it, but got use to it and liked it.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

I still miss the treadle on my old B8200. It was really my first tractor, I had it 12 years, and my big feet let me easily heel/toe the treadle.

When I jumped from the 19hp kubota to 40hp NH, I stayed with HST. But, this NH has side by side pedals. After a couple years, I still yearn for that treadle sometimes. Not a really big deal, but it(treadle) seemed to work great for me.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post

James K0UA
    Kinda like when I first started riding a Harley with heel/toe shifter. Took a couple of days to get used to, but I can imagine any other way now.
    The only 2 pedal HST I ever used was a JD riding mower with Twin Touch.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe Erskine 73" blower TSC QA boom pole Bradco 48" forks JLG T350 Boom Lift 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift CAM Superline 6x12 dump (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser 2007 Mustang GT 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast