3-Point Hitch lifting capacity

/ lifting capacity #11  
Kubota Model designation can be a little confusing, i would have imagined that a 3200 4 cylinders would be more powerfull than a 2900 3 cylinders.:confused:

I think their model #'s are pretty good. A lot better than some others.

A 2900 is 29HP
A 3200 is 32HP
A 3800 is 38HP
So on.

The 00 means economy tractor
The 40 at the end means Grand L with a lot more features.

And the 3200 is a 3 cylinder BTW. And # of cylinders has nothing to do with how much the 3PH can lift. That is simply based on only 3 things. Geometry of the hitch, size of the lift cylinder, and pump PSI.

/ lifting capacity #12  

A 2900 is 29HP
A 3200 is 32HP
A 3800 is 38HP
So on.

And the 3200 is a 3 cylinder BTW. And # of cylinders has nothing to do with how much the 3PH can lift. That is simply based on only 3 things. Geometry of the hitch, size of the lift cylinder, and pump PSI.

But... my 2900 is a grand L ???????

/ lifting capacity #13  
But... my 2900 is a grand L ???????

are you sure?

I dont know much about the older botas, and wether there was any such thing as Grand L and economy or not.

All I know is that since about 2003 and newer, the 00's are economy (L2800/3200/3400/3700/3800/4400/4600) and the 30's (and now the 40's) are the grand L's.

The grands have more features, heavier, stronger hydraulics, and a higher pricetag.

/ lifting capacity #14  
are you sure?

He is correct, Kubota has used many different designations over the years. Even with the Grand L's a lot of them started with the xx00 designation. In that series there was the L2900, L3300, L3600 and L4200, IIRC. The next grand L series was the xx10 series, then they skipped to xx30, then xx40. :thumbsup:

/ lifting capacity #15  
:confused: :confused: I still say these companies{not just kubota} do this to confuse the customer hide charges etc...

/ lifting capacity #16  

A 2900 is 29HP
A 3200 is 32HP
A 3800 is 38HP
So on.

My B3200 is a 4 cylinder ... not sure I would call it an economy model. Now the B3300SU is basically the same tractor but no mid PTO and 1 hp more and is considered an "economy" model ... at least according to my dealer.

B, L, & M designate to some degree frame size and rear drive differences. The L has a much heavier rear end than my B.

/ lifting capacity #17  
My B3200 is a 4 cylinder ... not sure I would call it an economy model. Now the B3300SU is basically the same tractor but no mid PTO and 1 hp more and is considered an "economy" model ... at least according to my dealer.

B, L, & M designate to some degree frame size and rear drive differences. The L has a much heavier rear end than my B.

I was mainly refering to the L series. Because currently the 00 IS economy, and the 40 is Grand.

They dont have "grand" tractors in the L and M.

And like I said, I dont know a whole ton about the older ones. It seems that they started the GrandL's with the 00 designation, like the L2900 and L3600.

When they updated them to the 10 series, I beilieve from then on, the 00's were economy. And then they updated the grands to a 30 and now a 40.

But the grands just have more features for their given year. I dont know about the past, but things that are currently different between the GL's and economy L's are things like Mid PTO option, Open station, push button this-and-that, digital dash/cluster, etc.

I imagine that in 10 or 20 years, the features that make the Grands Grand will be standard on the economy tractors, and there will be newer and better things that will set the grands appart.