BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #21  
There's a used BX for sale around me with 95 hrs on it for $13,000 USD,,,I think that's high, I've seen them for $10k-$12k

I would buy a RFM,,,MY NEIGHBOR RUNS A 6' off the back ( too big IMHO ),,,and just keep it if it's paid for, even if you park it at this point and see if your circumstances change down the road ,,,you may need it again. Kubotas depreciate a bit then the values hold, after the initial depreciation from new to used, you would be hard pressed to find any other commodity that holds it value like a Kubota CUT/SCUT

Just FYi,,,,I had a new JD about ten yrs ago,paid about $15k for it, used it for 35 hrs and ran out of things to do so I sold it,,,,now down the road, I find myself rebuying the same or similar,,,I should've just kept the first one

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #22  
re. finish mowing w/a BX TLB
I finish mow w/a BX23 and 60" MMM and I'm very happy with everything involved w/finish mowing my small ponderosa. The finish cut is way better than good enough and rivals what my dedicated lawn tractors did and the comfort and ease of operating the BX23 while mowing is great.
The finish cut isn't as good as a ZTR but it's good enough :D

Now I always dismount the FEL & BHoe when I mow and this lightens the BX23 by approx 1000 lbs, this softens the footprint as well as it makes the BX23 as nimble as a large L&G tractor. I also run turfs and gatorblades on the MMM. All of which combine to give a great cut.
I use the FEL quite a bit but the BHoe sits on it's dolly probably 80% of the time but, when I need it it's the best implement I have :D
Personally, even if I don't use a tool much, I like having it there ready to go when I need it.
My recommendation is to keep the BX25 and use it as your finish mower.
A older pic of my back field:

Attachments

• BX23 lawn stripeing.bmp
    179.8 KB · Views: 267