Installing 3 Point hitch on b2920 with backhoe subframe

/ Installing 3 Point hitch on b2920 with backhoe subframe #11  
You only need to loosen the set screw a little. You don't have to completely remove it. There's a small dimple on the bar that the set screw goes into to secure it from moving.

Also, when you put it back together, you'll probably have to play with (rotate) the bar to get the hole lined up.

Finally, lubrication is key (don't skimp on spraying it down.) No mater how many times I've done it, the bar always seems to be stuck the next time I try to add/remove the hitch bars. It's definitely not as simple as it should be to switch between the 3-point hitch and the backhoe (my only major complaint with the tractor.)

I'm probably going to try to cover it with some of the high pressure grease for my backhoe the next time I remove it to see if it helps any.

I am learning something. I did not know there was an indent on the bar. I have also never lubricated the bar and I have had mine for almost 2 years and 200 hours. Once my set screw is lose the bar moves from side to side with no problems. If the 3pt arms are on it does not move easily due to the weight.

I will never forget when i first got the tractor. I did not notice the screw and i thought I would have to remove the whole subframe everytime. I stared at it for a LONG time.

/ Installing 3 Point hitch on b2920 with backhoe subframe #12  
I am learning something. I did not know there was an indent on the bar. I have also never lubricated the bar and I have had mine for almost 2 years and 200 hours. Once my set screw is lose the bar moves from side to side with no problems. If the 3pt arms are on it does not move easily due to the weight.

I will never forget when i first got the tractor. I did not notice the screw and i thought I would have to remove the whole subframe everytime. I stared at it for a LONG time.

Consider yourself lucky! :) Most of the folks I've talked to say the bar doesn't move freely on it's own (I'm guessing there's a tolerance issue there.) I ran into the same exact issue as tractchores when I went to install my 3-point hitch arms for the first time.

/ Installing 3 Point hitch on b2920 with backhoe subframe #13  
Thank you. Found the "set screw" and the bar moved right out of the way.

/ Installing 3 Point hitch on b2920 with backhoe subframe #14  
It was a good day. With much help, WD 40, fiddling the with bucket arm and the stabilizers, and patience ... the backhoe pins came out. The PTO bars are on....and even the "mystery piece", eventually. Tomorrow I can hook up the tiller and get to work. Thank you mystery.jpg

/ Installing 3 Point hitch on b2920 with backhoe subframe #15  
I added the BH65 hoe to my B2620 tractor, and just removed the BH for the first time. I'm also having trouble getting the rod moving enough to get the 3pt links back on. However, the rod moves about half an inch back and forth and rotates a bit back and forth, but then hits a stop, metal on metal. It's not like it gets stuck, but it really appears as it hits a stop. I have loosened the set screw. Any help would be appreciated to get it moving enough so that I can get the 3pt hitch links back on. I have tried banging and prying it, but it doesn't move beyond the "stops".

/ Installing 3 Point hitch on b2920 with backhoe subframe #16  
I added the BH65 hoe to my B2620 tractor, and just removed the BH for the first time. I'm also having trouble getting the rod moving enough to get the 3pt links back on. However, the rod moves about half an inch back and forth and rotates a bit back and forth, but then hits a stop, metal on metal. It's not like it gets stuck, but it really appears as it hits a stop. I have loosened the set screw. Any help would be appreciated to get it moving enough so that I can get the 3pt hitch links back on. I have tried banging and prying it, but it doesn't move beyond the "stops".

Now I feel really stupid... The problem was that I had not loosened the set screw enough, once I loosened it more, the bar moves very easily. Sounds that I'm one of the lucky ones with that bar.