How to Jack up A tractor?

/ How to Jack up A tractor? #41  
What does the owner manual say? If you do not have one, they should be available online...

When I had my B8200, the generation of "B" series that preceeded the B2150, I took the implements off the back of the tractor Jack it up at the draw bar mount, then set jackstands.

As others have mentioned, are your tires loaded with fluid? They can be real heavy if so. My current tractor is musch larger, and has 600lbs of fluid in each rear tire... The B2150 manual should tell you how much weight is in there if they are loaded.

Where is it safe to put a jack under the rear to jack it up to remove the wheels ?

Any suggestions ?

/ How to Jack up A tractor? #42  
Be careful how you stack them. Just staking them will not give you lateral support. If you crib them it would be ok.

I got used to having cribbing on the fire engine at the station. Since, I have a stack of 16" long 2x4, 2x6, 4x4, and 4x6 that I use frequently.

But I also have four decent jackstands; well worth the money...

I agree... I'll use some cut up 4x4's I have.

/ How to Jack up A tractor? #43  
I would stop the tractor with the air valve at the bottom, press down on the schraeder valve, and see if any liquid comes out. If so, it's liquid filled for ballast, and you might have more weight than is easily managed to deal with. Think about stopping the top of the tire from falling towards you when it breaks loose, by strapping or bracing.

I like having a piece of wood under the jack, and between the jack and the metal.......something like a 2x6 scrap. If it's an irregular surface on the axle housing, then it could act like a splitter to that piece of wood, but if it's flat, it will spread the load on the casting or whatever. I also use 6x6's for stacking near the jack, then let the jack down on the blocks, then jack up the jack to where I can feel it's beginning to feel the load. I leave both in place, and have several jacks for various implements and machines, but if I had to do 4 at once, would be careful moving a jack around while thousands of pounds is up on any supports.