Kubota 9540 4x4

/ Kubota 9540 4x4 #1  

jawill1986

Tractor
Kubota M9540
I just bought a M9540 kubota. and i went to engage the 4x4 today and when i pulled up on the lever it was like it had become disconnected from whatever it usually pulls up on. I was wondering if you can take of the fender by the lever inside the cab to gain access to the bottom side of the lever to be able to reconnect this? and i was wondering if this is a common issue. my tractor only has 50 hours on it and if this is gonna be repetitive its gonna get old over the lifetime of the tractor. i tried getting at it through the panel under the seat but it was all fuses and closed off from the 4x4 mechanism. please let me know if anyone else has had this problem

/ Kubota 9540 4x4 #2  
No problem with my M7040 (similar linkage).

Your M9540 must be under warranty. No reason for you to have to deal with it. Tell the dealer to send out a mechanic to reconnect the lever. Taking it in for that fix would be ridiculous.

/ Kubota 9540 4x4
Ya its under warranty the guy is coming tomorrow just if its gonna be reoccuring it better be a quick fix or shouldnt happen at all for the amount of money spent. sure made putting out hay in this east texas mud harder than it should have been. and just curious if anyone else has had the issue. thanks

/ Kubota 9540 4x4 #4  
We have an M8540 HDC which is the same tractor and we haven't had any issues in two years of use with engaging/disengaging 4WD several times a day.

/ Kubota 9540 4x4 #5  
Have the M7040/700hrs and the M5040/180hrs,never had this issue either....

But the Dealer did tell my wife today he had a 9540,come back in with cple hrs on it(let someone take for weekend and desided to get larger tractor)that he would give me a deal on,so maybe one in future:D

/ Kubota 9540 4x4
Ya I mean I love the operation of the kubota over the Massey ferguson that we did have. The hydraulics are alot smoother and when operation the 4x4 makes a huge difference. Plus the attachments that came with it have been excellent. I'll let y'all know what the mechanic says tomorrow.

/ Kubota 9540 4x4 #7  
Ya its under warranty the guy is coming tomorrow just if its gonna be reoccuring it better be a quick fix or shouldnt happen at all for the amount of money spent. sure made putting out hay in this east texas mud harder than it should have been. and just curious if anyone else has had the issue. thanks

Putting hay out in the east texas mud,havent hade that issue yet either:D
But getting more rain right now:thumbsup:

/ Kubota 9540 4x4 #8  
Ya I mean I love the operation of the kubota over the Massey ferguson that we did have. The hydraulics are alot smoother and when operation the 4x4 makes a huge difference. Plus the attachments that came with it have been excellent. I'll let y'all know what the mechanic says tomorrow.

Ya?? You a displaced Yooper per chance......??:laughing:

The linkage is connected to the transmission case by a heim joint. It's come loose, nothing serious. Let the man fix it and be happy......ya.

It's readily accessable under the inside fender between the cab floor and the transmission case.....ya....

/ Kubota 9540 4x4 #9  
Ahh! I stand corrected then, Thanks for clearing that up.
22.gif

/ Kubota 9540 4x4 #10  
I have both a M5040 and a M9540, no problems with either shifting in and out of 4x4.

Ken