Kubota L4150 questions

/ Kubota L4150 questions #11  
You guys are making me feel a lot better, went to the dealership today and ordered the proper fuel filter assembly and a couple more parts, think i will drain all the old fuel out of the tank while I'm installing the filter, this tractor has been sitting since last summer, changed all the oils and filters today, the man I got it from said the radiator needed rooding out as it would run hot, I ran it for 1 1/2 Sat and it never ran hot, cranked it Sun. afternoon and it started running hot it just a little while, I believe the thermostat must be sticking, if it was the rad. I think it would run hot consistently instead of intermittently, ordered a new thermostat for it today.

It is a good idea to change the thermostat and the antifreeze and it might be worth it to flush the cooling system.Run some cleaner through it and flush it real good. It is not unusual for rads to plug off inside and out with age.

/ Kubota L4150 questions
Looking at it yesterday and the front shaft on the water pump has play in it, looks like I need to replace the water pump while I'm at it, also noticed the belt is loose and is at the end of the adj., looks like the previous owner did no maint. on this tractor, me and the folks down at the Kubota place are getting to know one another on first name basis., this is just minor stuff, the tractor seems to be in overall good cond.

/ Kubota L4150 questions #13  
Couple things - my L4150 had a very fine mesh screen in front of the radiator core that would plug up with grass dust when mowing, making the temperature climb. Brushed it off - no more heating up.

My water pump started making a big noise and the shaft wobbled - but it didn't leak. The seal on those has a lot of travel. The new pump for that engine is $130 but the individual bearings are $7 each and it is bench serviceable.

Attachments

• L4150 water pump parts.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 194
   / Kubota L4150 questions #14  
Jumping in late here but you have a very solid machine there. Do not know if you have it but the workshop manual is best 4150 acessory I ever purchased. I am also following you slow start issue. Interesting it is not temperature specific. RBarge is the man when it comes to these things.