Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #1  

Gawsa9

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
Where can I purchase the two types of shear bolts for my Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts. They break easily and I need to keep a quantity in stock. The part numbers are 5/16"NC x 2 1/4" silver plated Grade 5 and 5/16" x 2 1/4" gold plated Grade 8. Include lock washers and nuts for both (same size).

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #3  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Kubota Owning/Operating Forum.

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #4  
Buy them at your Kubota dealer. You probably have the same blower that I do - B2782. One of the bolts has a snap ring around it which you would not find at the bolt store, even if you got the correct grade.

Anyway mine have always worked they way they should. I actually bought the dealer out when I bought them. - about a dozen for the impeller and a dozen for the auger.

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #5  
Where can I purchase the two types of shear bolts for my Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts. They break easily and I need to keep a quantity in stock. The part numbers are 5/16"NC x 2 1/4" silver plated Grade 5 and 5/16" x 2 1/4" gold plated Grade 8. Include lock washers and nuts for both (same size).

Kubota dealer as they are grooved. You should not be breaking them all the time. Find and fix the problem.

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #7  

Welcome to TBN! My BX2750D takes P/N 70060-02808 (gold grade 8) for the fan and P/N 70060-01338 (silver grade 5) for the auger. They should be torqued to 9 lbs-ft. according to the manual. This is my second season and so far I've gone through 6-8 fan bolts total and still haven't sheared an auger bolt.

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #8  
I also wanted a quantity of them, but my dealer was getting almost $2/bolt. So I bought a bunch of bolts each grade from Napa & grooved them myself. I have a small metal lathe, but I'm sure it could also be done with a drill press & Dremel or hacksaw. Duplicated the groove positions & depth with a caliper. the auger pin has 2 grooves, the fan pin (grade 8) has just 1.

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #9  
I paid $1.25 for them last year, bought some this year and they want $2.50 for them.

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #10  
Welcome to TBN! My BX2750D takes P/N 70060-02808 (gold grade 8) for the fan and P/N 70060-01338 (silver grade 5) for the auger. They should be torqued to 9 lbs-ft. according to the manual. This is my second season and so far I've gone through 6-8 fan bolts total and still haven't sheared an auger bolt.

Why would they use a grade 8 bolt for a shear bolt? grade 8 is the strongest bolt there is.