Loader LA853 Loader Visibility

/ LA853 Loader Visibility #1  

bob11x

Tractor
Kubota L4740
Greetings;

I have recently purchased a L4740 with cab to use for loading and unloading pallets, moving dirt, bush hogging, and snow removal.
I spent a lot of hours reading this site before making my decision. I really was looking for a bit bigger unit (M6040), but couldn't get used to the shuttle - the hydro is SO much nicer to operate.

My question:

How the heck does one operate forks on one of these??? The visibility is crap! The Loader is Kubota LA853. The bucket isn't too bad, still can't see anything, but not as critical.
With the forks (QA Aftermarket) 48", at ground level and at truck height I can't see ANYTHING. I lived with an old IH300 Utility for 30 years, and you could finagle your head around and eventually see the 36" forks. With the cab it is impossible.
Anyone have suggestions? Is the aftermarket QA not designed properly - I never had a chance to see a Kubota set.
Anyone put on a "Back up Camera"? I have my eye on a couple different units, figuring to mount the camera under the QA plate (good for forks, but no help with the bucket) Any Ideas???

Thanks

/ LA853 Loader Visibility #2  
Not sure there is a good way, I drop mine down to where I can see the tips, make contact then slowly lower the FEL and roll the forks to get the right position.

/ LA853 Loader Visibility #3  
Depends what forks you have. Mine you can see the tips in most positions through the rack by rolling them down a bit. It is tough.

/ LA853 Loader Visibility #4  
Many won't like this response but disconnect the seat kill switch so you can stand up and look over the hood as you get close. I have a L 3700 and the same problem.

/ LA853 Loader Visibility
Tom,

That is on my list - just hate to do it as there are a couple of people who run it.

bob

PS I forgot to post a huge THANK YOU to all the participants on the site who I used their threads to make my decision.

/ LA853 Loader Visibility #6  
Mine has not seat switch but with the cab it doesn't help. I have leaned out the door on occasion.

Many won't like this response but disconnect the seat kill switch so you can stand up and look over the hood as you get close. I have a L 3700 and the same problem.

/ LA853 Loader Visibility #7  
Mine has seat switch and cab and it is very difficult to see the fork tips. I work like TripleR, raise the forks and curl up so I can see the tips and line them up, curl down and go into the skid pocket slowly. I am going to check into using a wireless camera.

bob11x - how much weight can you lift and up to what height?

/ LA853 Loader Visibility
Jim P

Just got it last December - have unloaded 4 trucks - largest was a pallet of tires - ticket said 1100, but I am sure they were cheating by 100lbs - and it worked like a charm. The old international would have dropped them 2 seconds after clearing the trailer!

bob

/ LA853 Loader Visibility #9  
Hate to tell you this but it's not a forklift. Having a hood and loader arms in the way is the price we pay to have all of the other features a tractor offers. I have a set of clamp on forks for my backhoe and with the bucket in the way it's extremely hard to line the forks up. Often I'll tilt the forks down so I can see the tips so I can get inline with what I'm trying to pick up and then when close lower them into position. Often I still have to get out of the cab to make sure I'm at the right height.

/ LA853 Loader Visibility #10  
Thanks for the info Bob. It may not have the best visibility or be a forklift but it sure beats unloading a skid of bags by hand! Jim