Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #1  

The It

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 Narrow
Stopped by the dealer to pet our new tractor while it's being prepped for delivery.

We're going to narrower rows in the vineyard, so we're trading in our trusty L-3830 for this 48-incher.

For those interested, here's a video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6ZSSCgd0I]2012 Kubota M7040 Narrow.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

Please excuse the poor videography and tight quarters.

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #2  
Congratulations. Very nice looking tractor. :thumbsup: I have a L4400.

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #3  
congrats on your new tractor.

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #4  
Big Congrats on that fine looking tractor ! :thumbsup:
Careful you don't get " HIGHBROW " in that comfy looking cab. :D

Boone

Attachments

• sexy%20kubota.jpg
    sexy%20kubota.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 269
   / Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #5  
Congrats on the tractor. :thumbsup:

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #6  
Congratulation, very nice tractor, Robert in NY just got a narrow also.

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #7  
Congrats on your new tractor. As Triple R just mentioned I just took delivery of my M-8540 Narrow. Its a nice tractor but I am disappointed in two things so far, one is there wasn't a rear view mirror inside the cab. My salesman is looking into it to see if there is one available. Also, there was no cup holder in the cab. I don't quite understand that one as there appears to have been plenty of spots to put one but I will have to fab something up.

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #8  
Stopped by the dealer to pet our new tractor while it's being prepped for delivery.

We're going to narrower rows in the vineyard, so we're trading in our trusty L-3830 for this 48-incher.

For those interested, here's a video: 2012 Kubota M7040 Narrow.MOV - YouTube

Please excuse the poor videography and tight quarters.

Have a 08 5040, last night stopped by the dealer and took a peek at a new 7040.

Something about new. (-:

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow
Thanks guys for the congrats.

I'm looking forward not to have to put on the hazmat suit and respirator when doing the every 10-14 day spraying this season. And hopefully, the cab will also help during the high pollen counts that happen in this area, which is sometimes referred to as the grass seed capital of the world. And finally, I'm hoping to reduce the amount of clay dust I breathe in and UV light my skin absorbs when cultivating and mowing. Sure wish I could file a health insurance claim for the cab.

Robert, I guess I'll notice the missing little things that make a difference when I finally get it home. Right away I noticed that the seat has no armrests. It's surprising they didn't add a cup holder, since the whole left side of the cab has nothing on it. An interior rearview mirror wouldn't help me much, I would rather they included both right- and left-side external mirrors or at least put the single mirror on the right side to save my neck, since most of my 3-pt work requires looking back to the right.

The biggest disappointment for me was the fact that I couldn't get a loader on the 6040, or found an L-series that was narrow. I could get by without a cab, and I don't need the 70HP, my L-3830 had enough HP, but couldn't slim down; and any of the smaller, narrower Kubotas don't have the FEL loading capacity (in fact the 7040/8540 have lower loading capacity than my 3830; Kubota really needs to work on FEL loading capacity for vineyard tractors, where 1/2 ton+ bins and 2-bin stacks are the standard).

Well you can't have everything, I guess. And, I sure am looking forward to the new tractor. I'm glad I had something to trade in to lessen the monthly reality bite.

Last edited:
   / Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #10  
Was that a scratch I saw on the bucket??!! Just messsing with you. NICE looking rig! Didn't know they made "narrow" tractors, but makes sense.

Deano