fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed?

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #1  

displacedPA

Gold Member
Tractor
NH T2310
I have a pole building My Dad and I made last summer. I also have a enclosed shed that the tractor will fit it. The problem is the tractor will not fit with the shed with the loader on or other attachments. My question is it better to store the tractor inside and just hook up to the implements when I need them? I know its a PIA but Im worried about mice and the mass amount of squirles chewing my wiring harness. I would then leave the loader and attachments under the pole shed. I haven't had any problems yet just thinking here.

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #2  
Get a couple of outdoor cats. Feed them just enough to keep them around the sheds.

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #3  
As previously suggested, cats are great. There were several threads in regards to rodent control within the last several months concerning mice and rats. Mice will get into openings that you would not think that they would be able to. Do you have a quick attach FEL or a Quick Hitch on your 3-point? We have an outside cat and we have never had any problems. Whatever method you decide to utilize, try to remember that all cats are different. Our cat is provided warmth, food and water at all times and still loves her job of catching the Critters.

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #4  
Rodent poison from Tractor Supply. Buy the expensive stuff. It comes in bars.

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #5  
I have had a lot of trouble with critters. One car that my wife was driving burned up because squirrels built a nest in the engine compartment. My truck lost the tail lights because of mice this year.

Squirrels are problem cause they are like water. If you kill all the ones in your area the just flow in. Mice are impossible.

What I am now using is a product called Critter Out. I also use mouse bait. I just started with the Critter Out last fall. It seems to be working. I mix up a gallon of it and spray everything. Under the cars and in the engine compartment. All over the tractor and the mowers. I have high hopes.

Stupid critters.

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #6  
I have a problem with mice chewing stuff in my pole barn. We do have barn cats but they can't get in the pole barn. I have to out poison out at least once a month during the winter and this takes care of the mice. I never have trouble with mice during the summer months. Just in winter.

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #7  
My experience is load the shed with mice/rat pioson and on the important/high valued items use bounce dryer sheets here and there rodants hate that smell and move away similar to moth balls.

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #8  
I have tried the dryer sheets in the lawn mower and the miata. Will see if they work!

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #9  
I used to drive an old Plymouth during the winter. I parked it during the summer. (Minnesota salt...). I put mothballs all over the car. In the trunk, on the floor boards, a couple on the air cleaner.

I always had a wad of mouse nest blow out of the heater when I'd fire it up in the late fall. Never tried dryer sheets, but mothballs seemed totally ineffective.

/ fear of rodents? Pole shed of in the shed? #10  
If you don't poison the mousies they will first overtake your barn. Then they will migrate to your garage. And after that in to the house they will come. Mousies like to procreate.