Ballast Rotary Cutter on M5700 4wd

/ Rotary Cutter on M5700 4wd #1  

CaptJCHill

Tractor
Kubota M5700
I've just acquired a Kubota M5700 Utility Special and separately a Woods bb7200 rotary cutter.My kubota owners manual says 1200 lbs. Max for 3 pt. implements and this cutter weighs about 1450-1500 lbs.according to it's manual.
The manual also states 4200 lbs lifting force at the links and 1500 lbs @24 ln behind the lifting point. Should I fill the front (4wd) tires?( no fel), or should I obtain a lighter cutter?I have 8 suitcase wts that weigh about 40 lbs each and fir on the front rack.
This is my 1st 4 wd tractor,but l've had quite a few 2 wd/bush hog configurations. Balance and durability are both concerns in this hilly part of SE Indiana.Also I plan to do some "commercial" work in my retirement to complement my stump grinding service.Safety is paramount. Any ideas?Thanks in advance,John

/ Rotary Cutter on M5700 4wd #2  
I'll throw my 2 cents in. I have a M 9000 DTC and a 3008 Bushhog. I added chains and HD hyd rear axle so it probably weighs in around 2k. Lifting it is no problem buy I have to tote 4 100lb weights on the front to keep it stable. I don't know how our tractors compair as far as the frontend weight but I'm sure mine is heavier. Just making a guess I would say you will need around 500 - 600 lbs of weight on the front to hold it down and be safe. My opinion I would go with suit case weights instead of fluid in the tires. I don't care for fluid in the front because you are holding down on the axle while the tractor is pulling up on it instead of the tractor riding on the axle if that makes since. Hope this helps.

/ Rotary Cutter on M5700 4wd
Thanks Bulldog69,
I think you are correct in your estimation of weight required and if I add that much I will violate 2 limitations a big no-no.Also a loss of rear down force for traction would not help matters.It would be better to sell my woods and get a lighter one,but just for fun I'm going to try it out on a small piece of level ground that we have!
Thanks again,
John