bx24

/ bx24 #1  

harryr6574

Tractor
kubota bx24
Hi,
I am new to this sight and to my tractor, sort of. I find the hydraulics seem slow and week at low rpms (below 2000). Seems I have to hit 2400 or so for satisfactory opperation. I am just wondering if this is normal. The tractor has less than 100 hours. Thanks, Harry

/ bx24 #3  
There is a specific forum here on TBN in regards to Hydraulics. Perhaps by viewing and posting your thread in this forum, you will find answers. BTW, welcome aboard. Good Luck.

/ bx24 #4  
Welcome to TBN, you do need to run a BX pretty fast to get good response, I don't pay any attention to the tach, but it's a lot higher than our other tractors..

/ bx24 #6  
Hi,
I am new to this sight and to my tractor, sort of. I find the hydraulics seem slow and week at low rpms (below 2000). Seems I have to hit 2400 or so for satisfactory opperation. I am just wondering if this is normal. The tractor has less than 100 hours. Thanks, Harry

Welcome to TBN Harry!

I have a BX24 and this is the same for me and, I believe, is normal for any of the small sub-compacts. Congrats on your BX24. It's a great little machine.

/ bx24 #7  
its normal for rpms you are running at. however - kubota says you should be running your engine at pto rated (3200) speeds for optimum hydraulic power/usage. However I do run mine at same speeds (2200-2800) as you for better control as most of the time I do not need the full breakout force nor power while I am digging.