Loader L3200 with LA524

/ L3200 with LA524 #1  

Chain Bender

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200
The FEL will easily lift the rear end of this tractor off the ground, even with laoded rear tires.

I have made a 3PH ballast barrel that weights approximately 1000#. I have tried to lift several pine logs that the FEL would not pick up. If I am running at about 1800-2200 rpms, and I continue to hold the joy stick back for 3-5 seconds after the FEL fails to lift the log, can I cause damage to the hydraulic pump or cylinders?

CB

/ L3200 with LA524 #2  
While hooked to a rather large oak log. I had same thing happen, I watched the front tires start to look flat and backed off...I bet you could blow a seal if you held it long enough in a strain, or blow a hose and eat oil??After all remember it is not a track hoe?

/ L3200 with LA524 #3  
...can I cause damage to the hydraulic pump or cylinders...
If it's too much weight, it just goes into bypass. There is a set psi (2347) and usually dealers set it a tad lower to give you extra protection. It's not the best thing for it but it's designed so you don't break it.

Now if you jack up the psi in the system to beyond it's limit, then yes you can do damage to both.

/ L3200 with LA524
If it's too much weight, it just goes into bypass. There is a set psi (2347) and usually dealers set it a tad lower to give you extra protection. It's not the best thing for it but it's designed so you don't break it.

Now if you jack up the psi in the system to beyond it's limit, then yes you can do damage to both.

XXXXXXXX

Good to hear. I thought these new tractors had built in safety mechanisms. Sometimes I'm not as good as weighing a log in my head as I think I am. I always think if I can just get teh forks under it and roll it back onto the bucket I know it will pick it up. I only need to pick them up about 22" to get tehm on my log hauler.

I'm proud of my little tractor. It has certainly surprised everyone that has seen it work. Me included.

CB