Shelving the Ags.. I'm going back to turfs

/ Shelving the Ags.. I'm going back to turfs #11  
Re: Shelving the Ags.. I\'m going back to turfs

Rogue,
You are right; I'm seeing the same thing happen on thin spots on the lawn. I just hope that I can get the lawn into shape and keep my bars.
happy tractoring,
DaveL

/ Shelving the Ags.. I'm going back to turfs #12  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ... in aviation... Keep your tires pointing down!)</font>

Makes for some boring aerobatics... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Shelving the Ags.. I'm going back to turfs

I'm not much of an aerobat I'll admit. Though I did get to stick an SNJ (Navy version of an AT-6 Texan, WWII era) through a few loops and such (back seat of course).
Most of my time is in high wing Cessnas where I prefer the tires in the downward position just the same.

/ Shelving the Ags.. I'm going back to turfs

It is so!
I put on my turfs today after taking advantage of some excellent bargains at Sears. (3.5 ton floor jack, and jack stands for $99)
I also had to buy a new torque wrench (mine is in inch lbs,, bicycle racing and such). My new one is HUGE with 1/2 inch drive. WOW. Big tools are fun too!
(Yeah, Like I'd have know what it was like to have a big tool before /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)
So anyway, I'll talk more of the process in my "jacking a BX2200 thread"

The result: I cannot believe I forgot how smooth this tractor was when I bought it. Then I added a loader and AGs and rear weights. It still wasn't bad, but now it is like a car. Maneuverable, light on its feet and smooth as heck to ride on.
I believe if you are going to mow allot, you need to dump the FEL each time, and if possible mount up turfs (unless you use the FEL for digging allot, in which case, AGs are the ticket). They are a bit too much to handle to change more than once a year or so.