Snow scare

/ scare #1  

don white

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota B26
B26
So I finished installing a 3" tube below the blade of my new snow plow today. Worked out nicely welded two 3/4" x 4" tabs on the tube and bolted it to the back of the blade. One original bolt hole and two new ones each side. It looks sweet. So now we will have no more snow this year you can bet on dat.

All done and even cleaned up. I was standing there admiring my handy work when I got a real good scare. There was a puddle of black on the ground just behind the skid steer mount. Stuck my finger in it thinking where the ----- is this coming from. It was really black and to thick for engine oil. So I smelled it. Paint. Man what a relief. Apparently when I had the plow up in the air to work on the pipe paint ran out of one of the tubes on the skid steer mount. There is a lot of paint on this plow. Looks like they put it on with a mop.

I want snow!

/ scare #3  
Do you have any pictures of the plow with the pipe on it. I have been thinking of doing this.

/ scare
No I didn't take any pictures but I can describe the part. All I did was weld the 3/4 x 4' wide steel onto the pipe. It was not a butt weld, I placed the pipe on the steel and welded it top and bottom. Real strong this way. Side view would be a d. Then what I wanted to do was just clamp it to the plow and drill but I didn't have clamps big enough. So my son and I held it up and I marked the holes. This was for the holes that were already in the plow blade. After I got those drilled I bolted it up and used a mag drill to drill two more. I wanted to put two more in because the holes that are in the blade are about 6" up from the edge and I didn't like all that potential lever action. Also the tabs go behind the the plow and then all you see is the pipe in the front of the plow. Mag drills are handy if you have a boss that will lend um out. Expensive otherwise. Maybe you can rent them.

I really want to try it but we have no snow and all mud. I got no seat time this weekend.):

I also found that with the plow and no pipe you can really level the stone drive. I was back dragging and using the angle to keep the material on the drive. It worked nice and a lot better than just the bucket. Put it on float and go. I have 1100 feet of driveway and that is gonna be handy.

/ scare #5  
pictures are mandatory! We need to see what's doin.