KTAC insurance

/ KTAC insurance #1  

FELMOW2320

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
For those that have used the KTAC insurance did you contac the insurance company first or take it to a dealer and then contact the insurance co.

/ KTAC insurance #2  
Dealer told me to contact the insurance company first. KTAC gives you a claim number. They take the name of your dealer.

You contact the dealer with the claim number.

Then the dealer appraises, estimates, and contacts KTAC about authorizing the repairs.

/ KTAC insurance #3  
KTAC can not compete with CNH ... less deductible and a way lower annual premium thru CNH and you do not have to have KTAC on the Kubota finance ... in answer to your question... contact the insurance co. and then contact the repair facility of your choice ... it does not have to be a Kubota dealer.

/ KTAC insurance #4  
blueriver... I won't point out the bad about other companies but simply state some of the pros of KTAC. 1. We are the only insurance company I know that is owned by the manufacturer (not using an outsider to cover their equipment). This means we have a vested interest in you being happy. 2. KTAC is the only insurance you can lock in for the full term of your financing with Kubota (multiple claims... don't worry). 3. KTAC offers one rate across the nation so you may think someone offers a lower rate but my comparisons tell me otherwise when you compare what the policy offers, deductible, etc.

And I will leave you with a question... Would you take a Porsche to "Joe's Body Shop" or would you take it to a Porsche dealer? :confused:

KTAC promotes dealing with a Kubota dealer so we don't have to waste time with an adjustor (like other insurance companies) and you have the confidence of knowing the repairs are being done with Kubota parts and performed by a qualified mechanic. Afterall, we pay for it, including transportation cost, so why take it anywhere else?

/ KTAC insurance #5  
blueriver... I won't point out the bad about other companies but simply state some of the pros of KTAC. 1. We are the only insurance company I know that is owned by the manufacturer (not using an outsider to cover their equipment). This means we have a vested interest in you being happy. 2. KTAC is the only insurance you can lock in for the full term of your financing with Kubota (multiple claims... don't worry). 3. KTAC offers one rate across the nation so you may think someone offers a lower rate but my comparisons tell me otherwise when you compare what the policy offers, deductible, etc.

And I will leave you with a question... Would you take a Porsche to "Joe's Body Shop" or would you take it to a Porsche dealer? :confused:

KTAC promotes dealing with a Kubota dealer so we don't have to waste time with an adjustor (like other insurance companies) and you have the confidence of knowing the repairs are being done with Kubota parts and performed by a qualified mechanic. Afterall, we pay for it, including transportation cost, so why take it anywhere else?

I have CNH at a lower deductible and a lower premium with all the perils that KTAC offered on 3 tractors and multiple claims are not an issue ... If I have a loss I take my JD to the JD Dealer, my Branson to the Branson dealer and My Montana to the Montana dealer... I also have seperate equipment insured with them such as my balers, cutters, rakes, irrigation system and I have always given KTAC a shot at writing the policy for any of my needs ... KTAC has not been able to beat the annual premium or the deductible on any of these ... In fact just last month KTAC for $40K on my JD with a 250 deduct I was quoted (if memoery serves) $470 annual ... The same from CNH with a $200 deductible $290.40

I have been fortunate and only had 1 claim in 10 years ... no adjuster, sent pictures to the claims office ... the dealer submited the estimate and the check was written ... I did have a little problem for about 20 minutes on the phone because they didn't believe I did not have the tractor financed ... they kept saying the check needed to be made payable to the finance company amd myself ... they checked the orginal application said they were sorry for the misunderstanding and the deal was done.

I understand your position and for me this just seems to be the way it is. I sometimes think I am overinsured on my equipment, but a loss can happen at anytime and I like the idea I can replace the loss.

/ KTAC insurance #6  
I have CNH

I did a quick search and CNH comes up as a commercial insurance company meaning they cover businesses. Is this correct? If so, this wouldn't be an option for the non-business owners out there.

/ KTAC insurance
Thanks guys that was what I was wanting to know.:thumbsup:

/ KTAC insurance #8  
I did a quick search and CNH comes up as a commercial insurance company meaning they cover businesses. Is this correct? If so, this wouldn't be an option for the non-business owners out there.

I've never insured with them as a business ... I contact them as an individual tell them what I am insuring, the amount to insure and what I use it for ... I get the quote, the policy and the bill in the mail... net 30

KTAC also wants pre-payment.

/ KTAC insurance #9  
I've never insured with them as a business ... I contact them as an individual tell them what I am insuring, the amount to insure and what I use it for ... I get the quote, the policy and the bill in the mail... net 30

KTAC also wants pre-payment.

Thanks blueriver - can you post a web link so I can take a look?

/ KTAC insurance #10  
I have CNH at a lower deductible and a lower premium with all the perils that KTAC offered on 3 tractors and multiple claims are not an issue ...

As a company that sells both KTAC and CNH insurance, they are not the same at all. There is lots of fine print and exclusions with the CNH policies that KTAC does not do. Thats not to say that one is better than the other, its specific to your circumstance. In our experience KTAC is much better about actually paying for the claim than the contract company CNH uses. Its all better than nothing.