Just some Q's needing Aed.

/ Just some Q's needing Aed. #1  

BigFarminMike

Tractor
Kubota L3000DT 4WD
Ok so just a few stupid qustions. One I have a Kubota L3000 DT 4WD and there is a hash mark on the rpm meter what does that mean? I also need a bit more weight in the front what can I cheaply do about this? Oh and my turn signals will not work... Any ideas? I bought new bulbs

/ Just some Q's needing Aed. #2  
Ok so just a few stupid qustions. One I have a Kubota L3000 DT 4WD and there is a hash mark on the rpm meter what does that mean? I also need a bit more weight in the front what can I cheaply do about this? Oh and my turn signals will not work... Any ideas? I bought new bulbs

The hash mark is the RPM needed to turn the PTO at exactly 540 RPM, the normal rated speed for most pto-driven attachments. Note that it's often not necessary to run at exactly 540; lots of attachments will work just as well (sometimes better) at a lower speed. But there are some things that need 540 and no less... a PTO-driven generator would be an example.

You can buy suitcase weights. The Kubota ones are not cheap, but you might pick up some old ones that would work at a scrap yard or on Craig's etc.

Turn sigs... connector, bad flasher are the most likely. Maybe the switch also. Time to play amateur electrician. Best of luck.

/ Just some Q's needing Aed.
Thanks for the help. Now the good question is when traveling on the road, is the tractor rated to run above the hash mark or would that me to much stress on the engian?

/ Just some Q's needing Aed. #4  
The engine should be RPM limited so you could run it at full throttle which on most models will be slightly above the hash mark.

/ Just some Q's needing Aed. #5  
Check the fuse on your turn signals before going too far. Eliminate the simple things first then work to more complicated/expensive. Just my .02 worth. Do your other lights work? I don't know if all lights are on same fuse or not.

/ Just some Q's needing Aed. #6  
Thanks for the help. Now the good question is when traveling on the road, is the tractor rated to run above the hash mark or would that me to much stress on the engian?

On the road, run max rpm, it is not a redline, it is designed to turn that fast, it is normally called max high idle. Philip.