B7510 seat

/ B7510 seat #1  

USMC Vet

Just bought a 2008 B7510 and this original factory set leaves much to be desired.It slants forward and is just basically uncomfortable. Does anyone know where to get a replacement besides paying $ 200+ from the dealer ? Did Kubota offer a free replacement due to their terrible idea of using this seat on their tractors ? Thanks !

/ B7510 seat #2  
Yes there was a replacement program of some kind to replace the seats that slant forward. My B came with the good seat, so I don't know the details of the program. If you search the forum you'll find lots of references to folks that have had the same problem and got new seats. At this point it's been so long that it's possible you'll have to pay yourself.

/ B7510 seat #3  
I replaced mine with a suspension seat from Tractor Supply Co. Seat was $100 and I had to do some minor fabrication, but has really helped as far as my back is concerned. It did raise the seat up a bit, but I'm 6'3 and it works better for me.

Attachments

• 2011-03-26_14-36-48_679.jpg
    2011-03-26_14-36-48_679.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 764
   / B7510 seat #4  
Like B2400, I also liked having a suspension seat because of my bumpy terrain. Mine is a 2002 B7500 and I liked the original seat, just not the 2 springs they use for a suspension. I also bought the suspension seat from TSC, but didn't like the seat, especially the wrap-arounds on the back piece. Luckily, the original Kubota seat, made in my home state of Michigan, easily came apart and allowed me to drill holes and weld nuts on the inside of the metal shell to line up with the holes on the suspension mechanism. Some simple cross pieces had to be made to adapt the mechanism to the tractor. And like B2400, the seat is higher but it more comfortable and gives me a better view (I'm only 5' 10"). If the angle of the seat is an issue I would think that some shimming underneath could solve that problem.

JohnZ
B7500

/ B7510 seat #5  
Our local dealer still had the B series replacement seats for $99 last time I was there.Messicks may still have them to ship.The original replacement deal was $27 and your old seat.Big improvement!Still wondering what happened to all those old seats?

/ B7510 seat #6  
Does this seat look like an original or a replacement?

Attachments

• 7500.jpg
    7500.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 1,043
   / B7510 seat #7  
Replacment. The old seat didn't have the divot for your rear, it just sloped forward.

Aaron Z