4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360

/ 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360 #1  

NDMDC

Tractor
kubota bx 2360
anyone have any advice on what size would be better, 4 or 5 foot hog for the 23 hp kubota bx2360. I have about 3 aches to cut, but in a heavly wooded area and the ground is very steep at places. thanks

/ 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360 #2  
anyone have any advice on what size would be better, 4 or 5 foot hog for the 23 hp kubota bx2360. I have about 3 aches to cut, but in a heavly wooded area and the ground is very steep at places. thanks

I have 31.5 PTO HP & use an old, heavy 5' Ford bush hog. Kinda seems like it would be too much for your tractor, but 1) there are lighter 5' models, 2) what you're planning to cut will matter, 3) your tractor's 3 point hitch lift capacity matters, & 4) whether or not you have a front end loader to offset the bush hog weight hanging off the back. Maybe you can borrow a 5-footer for a quick trial just to see if it seems to handle it OK.

/ 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360 #3  
I think you would be better satisfied with a 4 foot cutter. Reasons being is the weight of a 5 foot may be to heavy for the BX2360 especially on the hills and your PTO HP. Personally I would not even consider a 5 foot for the 2360.

I think the general rule of thumb is 5 PTO Hp per foot of the cutter. In light situations your BX might turn over a 5 foot cutter, but if you get into heavy grass you will wish you had the 4 footer.

In heavy grass I can slow my Mahindra 2816 with a 5 foot cutter. I just have to reduce my speed, but it gets the job done.

Good luck!

/ 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360 #4  
We have cutters from 4' to 10' and use a 4' on our BX2660; wouldn't even think of running a 5', just too much weight for me and not very maneuverable.

/ 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360 #5  
I had a BX22 and had a 42". I just sold it to another TBN member. The weight can be tricky on hills. I dont think I would even consider anything bigger than 48. And if there are hills or off camber areas get the 42

/ 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360
Thanks for all the help. After reading these comments I think I'll go with the 4 ft. I've found a 4 ft local on Craigslist , it's a woods brand and he wants 500 for it. It looks pretty clean in the pics, what do you guys think about the price?

/ 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360 #7  
   / 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360 #8  
Thanks for all the help. After reading these comments I think I'll go with the 4 ft. I've found a 4 ft local on Craigslist , it's a woods brand and he wants 500 for it. It looks pretty clean in the pics, what do you guys think about the price?
I bought a new 4' discontinued model from Barlows for $500 for my B2320 last year. What Steve Barlow recommended in size. I don't have a FEL on it so have had to add weights to the front to use any implements. If it is in decent shape the $500 sounds fair but $400 would sound better for you worse for the seller.:) The Woods probably sold new for $700 to $750..

/ 4 or 5 foot bush hog for bx2360 #9  
Wooded and steep needs maneuverability...stay smaller...sounds like you may have found what you need...