Backhoe Woods BH7500 removal

/ Woods BH7500 removal #1  

Jakemor

Tractor
Kubota L2350D
I recently purchased a Kubota L2350DT with a Woods BH7500 and it has a 9277 sub-frame mounting kit. I am looking for information on taking the hoe off latter on when I need to use the 3 point hitch.

I am brand new to using a tractor and look forward to expanding my Wife's garden soon as the ground thaws. I looked all over youtube for a video and searched for a pdf file hoping it would be spelled out for me.

Last edited:
   / Woods BH7500 removal #2  
Go to the Woods Equipment web site and choose "manuals" in the
backhoe section. They no longer post the PDF manual for your subframe,
but the manual #9403 looks very similar.

Basicly, you pull a long pin undeneath the middle of the tractor, and 2
small ones in the back, then the hoe pulls out backwards with the
subframe attached. You also need to remove the toplink first, but
you may want to keep the hydraulics connected until the subframe is
uncoupled.

/ Woods BH7500 removal #3  
After having a similar set up, you will need to lower the stabilizer arms and the boom to release the weight on the tractor frame. The lower 3 point pins act as a pivot point to lift the weight from the mid point of the tractor. Check the bucket on the hoe so there is not to much pressure pushing the frame up to hard on the long pin or vice versa. When the long center pin is free, remove it. once removed, balance the pressure on remaining lower 3 point pins and let the front frame work (long pin area) down to the ground. Lower the stabilizer arms with a little pressure to lift the hoe weight off the pins on the tractor frame. Once the weight is off the tractor, then pull the tractor ahead only a couple inches to release it from the lower 3 point hitch pins. Once the hoe is free from the frame and holding its own weight, with the hoe controls lower the base of the hoe on to a wooden block or 4x6 by slowly raising the stabilizer arms. Shut off the tractor, release all pressure by working the FEL control to relieve system pressure. Then uncouple the hydraulic hoses connected to the hoe and reconnect the bypass if you have one as part of your setup. After the Hoe frame is down, and the mid mount frame is resting on the ground or concrete, slowly pull the tractor straight out from the hoe.

/ Woods BH7500 removal
This truly is a great site. Thanks for the timely replies and you both provided enough information that I now feel confident that I can remove the back hoe without breaking something or killing myself. I thought the sub frame and hoe came off all as one unit but had read else where that the sub frame stayed on the tractor. That didn't make any sense to me. Thanks for clarifying that very important step.

One warning I read states not to mix different types of fluids. How can I determine which type the previous owner used before I add any?

/ Woods BH7500 removal #5  
I thought the sub frame and hoe came off all as one unit but had read else where that the sub frame stayed on the tractor.

You have the early ladder-style subframe from Woods. The current
subframes are 2-piece units that are called 4-point subframes. You can
tell that you have the early style when your part # has only 4 or 5 digits.
The 4-point units all seem to have seven digits. In the latter case, the
forward part of the subframe stays on the tractor, while the rear part
stays attached to the hoe. In your case, the whole subframe comes
off with the hoe, except for a forward and rear bracket. You may find,
however, that the rear bracket blocks the 3-point arm supports.

I purchased and installed a ladder-style Woods subframe for an L2550DT
about 10 Y ago.

(BREWDOG: good step-by-step explanation.)

/ Woods BH7500 removal
Thanks for the clarification dfkrug. This makes it very clear to me and I appreciate all the help.

/ Woods BH7500 removal #7  
You have the early ladder-style subframe from Woods. The current
subframes are 2-piece units that are called 4-point subframes. You can
tell that you have the early style when your part # has only 4 or 5 digits.
The 4-point units all seem to have seven digits. In the latter case, the
forward part of the subframe stays on the tractor, while the rear part
stays attached to the hoe. In your case, the whole subframe comes
off with the hoe, except for a forward and rear bracket. You may find,
however, that the rear bracket blocks the 3-point arm supports.

I purchased and installed a ladder-style Woods subframe for an L2550DT
about 10 Y ago.

(BREWDOG: good step-by-step explanation.)

THANKS DFKRUG, I don't know a lot things, but processes that scare the daylights out of you tend to stick.

Brewdog