BH65 - Joystick Oddness

/ BH65 - Joystick Oddness #1  

Delphicoder

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
Hi All.

I hope this is not a dumb question, but probably is :)

So I was removing stumps today and getting the hang of the BH65. Something felt odd and I was not really sure why. At first I thought it was just me, since I was used to my previous tractor BX25. Seemed jerky under some circumstances,

So I started to pay attention a little more. To my surprise, I found that if my left hand pulls back, and then while doing that my right hand pushes left, the left hand movement gets cancelled until I go back to neutral on the right hand. All other combinations seem to work just fine.

I looked in the BH65 manual, and I did not see anything that stated you could not raise the boom and curl the bucket at the same time. I do have my three point hitch lever locked on the down position like the manual states, if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone else ever came across something like I described?

Thanks in advance as always.

/ BH65 - Joystick Oddness
Ah, I think I have found my answer.

I need to "feather" it. In other words, with my right hand, instead of pushing it all the way left, it works best if I barely push it left instead. When I go "easy" both actions work at the same time.

Chalk it up to "learning" new/different equipment.

/ BH65 - Joystick Oddness #3  
Ive noticed the same thing on mine, ill have to try to feather it. I just assumed it didn't do that.

/ BH65 - Joystick Oddness #4  
Just out of curiosity, what rpm are you running. If the rpm's are to low you don't have enough hydraulic flow to do more than one movement at a time.

/ BH65 - Joystick Oddness #5  
I just sold my BX24 and ended up buying a BX25. I noticed the same problem with not being able to use both controls at the same time with the new 25. The 24 did not have this issue at all. Does anyone feel there is a problem with my new 25 or is this normal for this tractor? It just seems to me that the 24 and 25 are so very similar that this particular action should be the same on both tractors. I'm just scared there may be something wrong with my new tractor. Any thoughts?

/ BH65 - Joystick Oddness #6  
I'm noticing the same behavior on my b2920. I started doing a lot of bh work recently and find it very annoying. If i throttle up and feather the joystick i can get multiple motions, but its slow and very touchy, im hoping its a learning curve and not a limitation of the unit.