Adjusting the height of a 3-point hitch snowblower

/ Adjusting the height of a 3-point hitch snowblower #11  
My blower is a B2781...
Here it is in the garage where it's been waiting all winter...
I just bought this setup in Sept, did some trenching/ditching out back 'til it got too wet in the fall. Thought I might get some snow blowing use this winter (I have about 300' of driveway), but nope. Took the blower off for a few hours yesterday to use the BX24 to clear up some trees knocked down by the wicked winds Saturday.
you can see how it's built a bit different than your B2789, it is gear drive, but it's a pretty rugged unit.

Pete

See those big turnbuckles on both sides?, simply loosen the jamb nuts and twist the long nut to extend (lower) the arms and re-jamb the nuts to lock.
That will result in lower contact and take care of your problem.
The one negative result will be when in the raised position you will not have as much clearance as there is only so much travel, but that should not be a problem.

/ Adjusting the height of a 3-point hitch snowblower #12  
PILOON, have a close look at my 2nd pic...
On the BX series 3-pt hitch, only the right side has a turnbuckle, the left side is fixed length.
I don't have a problem with my B2781, but the OP will probably solve his problem on his B2789 by relocating the side mounting pins on his blower, as seen in his pic in the 7th post of this thread.

Pete

Last edited:
   / Adjusting the height of a 3-point hitch snowblower
My blower is a B2781...
Here it is in the garage where it's been waiting all winter...
I just bought this setup in Sept, did some trenching/ditching out back 'til it got too wet in the fall. Thought I might get some snow blowing use this winter (I have about 300' of driveway), but nope. Took the blower off for a few hours yesterday to use the BX24 to clear up some trees knocked down by the wicked winds Saturday.
you can see how it's built a bit different than your B2789, it is gear drive, but it's a pretty rugged unit.

Pete

Yes, quite different - here are pics showing the blades of my model - very thick steel.

James

Attachments

• IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 473
   / Adjusting the height of a 3-point hitch snowblower #14  
your 3 pt is already in float mode- just for upwards. I see you do have another set of holes on thee blower pin mount. just move them up and it will be sitting lower on ground. If you already have blower touching ground and you know you will be backing the blower into a dip- you just need to push on 3 pt lever to "unlock" the fluid flow to let it down some more.