Loader M7040 can't lift a ton

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #11  
Any of you fellas have the self leveling valve on your loader and does it work well?:D

Have one on my M59. It works very well when handling things on pallets, or anything else you want to stay level as you lift.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #12  
Any of you fellas have the self leveling valve on your loader and does it work well?:D

Nope didnt get it on either tractor. The reason for not getting it, is didnt ever like it on the cat backhoes we had,always took it off....

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #13  
Are you using forks that slip onto the bucket edge, or a fork attachment that replaced the bucket? Slip ons move the weight very far out and make it harder to lift.

You may also want to see if your pallets are 'long tons' 2200lbs, or 'short tons' 2000 lbs. I've seen a both called a 'ton'. Also don't forget to add packing materials + skid to the weight calculation.

the LA1153 has a lift of 2,326 lbs at the bucket center... which is probably only 1 foot from the pins. A standard 48x40 pallet means your load center is a minimum of 2 feet from the pins. Also that lift capacity generally DOES NOT include the bucket weight (or pallet forks).

All said I would NOT expect that tractor/loader combination to reliably handle 1 ton loads from the specs. You might be able to just barely lift them, but not to full height, and not with any kind of extra reserve to deal with a slightly over loaded pallet.

You should be able to lift over a ton ful height, as the loader is rated center bucket with bucket weight. Make sure your machine is ballasted to keep stable.

I suspect low pressure.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton
Good to hear your loader working well for you.
Do you have an 1153 loader, and are the pins on your main lift cylinders in the higher position?
Thanks.

I lift a ton of feed on pallets off my truck everytime I go pick up feed,usually un-load it with my M5040 or M7040,never any problems.They are usually in the bed of truck or on trailer,I usally just pick them up high enough to get off trailer but never have tried to pick to them up any higher than that cause I usually lower them down as soon as they get off,and put them in barn..

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #15  
Good to hear your loader working well for you.
Do you have an 1153 loader, and are the pins on your main lift cylinders in the higher position?
Thanks.

Yes it the 1153 loader and its in the top holes 5040 and ds1440wheelie.JPG
I un-loaded 4-2500lbs pallets,every month for the past 5mnths,the 5040 is usually the one thats at the barn to un-load....
I may be done with cubes this year but if not next time I un-load will snap a picture,I have the tires loaded but have to use 4x4 to move them into barn..

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #16  

Nope, had one on our Case and didn't like it; maybe if I was a doing a LOT of pallet work.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #17  
the loader lift specs are taken with the cylinders in the power hole, using the height hole drops 10% or so.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #18  
Nope, had one on our Case and didn't like it; maybe if I was a doing a LOT of pallet work.

what was your reason for not liking. Seems like a super idea but I have never had anything to do with hydraulic self level.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #19  
what was your reason for not liking. Seems like a super idea but I have never had anything to do with hydraulic self level.

Sorry, I was the victim of speed reading and should have read more carefully.

For the record, maybe a bit too late, but ours was mechanical. Our experience was that there was a trade off in keeping the bucket level as we could haul less material, so we removed it.

We don't do anything that requires a self leveling feature, so the cost vs benefit was just not there, sorry for the confusion on my part.

I'm sure it is a good design.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #20  
I didnt have the 5040 around at lease place,so had to use the 7040. Tractor isnt loaded on rear and only has hay spear on back. Ton of feed in each picture they are just stacked different....
7040 unloading feed.JPG7040 unloading feed2.JPG