Newer Kubota leaking around bead on rim

/ Newer Kubota leaking around bead on rim #1  

jem041279

Bronze Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota L3940 4x4 w/ FEL & John Deere 750
My Kubota GL 3940 is less than a year old and 70 hrs on it but the right front tire keeps leaking around bead on rim. It has R1's on it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I will bring it to tire shop when possible but just curious if this is common.

/ Newer Kubota leaking around bead on rim #2  
Smaller tubeless tires are more prone to have bead leaks... break down the bead, clean it up & wet it down with slime or anything like it... pressure up to the recommended bead seating pressure... then reduce to your normal pressure, should be fine... KennyV

/ Newer Kubota leaking around bead on rim #3  
I've had problems with mine too. I need to keep a better eye on my tire pressure. I now keep my portable air tank hanging in the pole barn next to my tractor. Usually if I don't check the pressure every month or so, I end up having to bring it to a local garage for them to clean up the rim & re-seat the tire.

It always seems to happen at the worst time too. One time it happened on a Saturday afternoon when I was 1/2 mile off the the road. I ran down to the house, grabbed my ATV and a set of sockets & a breaker bar. I made it to the local garage just as they were closing. The mud had frozen to the inside of the rim, so they had to break it down to clean it up. The tractor might have had to spend the weekend in the woods if I the garage hadn't been open.

I am actually thinking of getting an entire rim & tire for a spare. I figure when I get a new set of front tires, I'll keep one of the old ones mounted and buy an extra rim.

/ Newer Kubota leaking around bead on rim
I will try to break bead myself, probably block up tractor and use front end loader to break it. I will try the slime trick once I clean it, thanks for idea.....