Stump removal

/ Stump removal #1  

FELMOW2320

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I had a stump I wanted removed from by backyard so I decided I would see what the B2320 could do.I dug around the tree with the front end loader as deep as it would dig.Took the axe to a few roots and hooked the F250 to the stump.Took a few pulls to get it out.I loaded it up on my trailer but it took awhile.The stump was as wide as the trailer.I have several more stumps to get out but I may rent me a back hoe when I get all of my dead trees down.

Attachments

• stump1 (640x383).jpg
    stump1 (640x383).jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 741
  • stump2 (640x383).jpg
    stump2 (640x383).jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 750
  • stump3 (640x383).jpg
    stump3 (640x383).jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 708
   / Stump removal #2  
Obviously the stump is out, but there is no proof the B2320 helped in the endeavor. Pics or it didn't happen! :)

/ Stump removal #3  
Unless you need the trees out, I would suggest a stump grinder where you can a lot more done for less money and less effort and then cover the top of the stump with earth or whatever goes over the top.

/ Stump removal #4  
FELMOW2320 said:
I had a stump I wanted removed from by backyard so I decided I would see what the B2320 could do.I dug around the tree with the front end loader as deep as it would dig.Took the axe to a few roots and hooked the F250 to the stump.Took a few pulls to get it out.I loaded it up on my trailer but it took awhile.The stump was as wide as the trailer.I have several more stumps to get out but I may rent me a back hoe when I get all of my dead trees down.

The way the f250 is hooked up suggests that you pulled the stump out in reverse?

Good way to break a front diff. Just trying to save you $$

/ Stump removal
Obviously the stump is out, but there is no proof the B2320 helped in the endeavor. Pics or it didn't happen! :)

I didn't take any pics while I was working with the tractor.I know I should have or had the wife take some.

/ Stump removal
The way the f250 is hooked up suggests that you pulled the stump out in reverse?

Good way to break a front diff. Just trying to save you $$

If it breaks it should be under warranty.Ford braggs on their front tow hooks so I had to try them out.My son pulled from the front with his duramax and messed up the front end.

/ Stump removal #7  
If it breaks it should be under warranty.Ford braggs on their front tow hooks so I had to try them out.My son pulled from the front with his duramax and messed up the front end.

Nice! It looks like you have one of the 11' or 12' new Ford's w/ the 6.7L Diesel. I have an 11'. Nice to see Ford trumping a Dodge :thumbsup:

/ Stump removal
Nice! It looks like you have one of the 11' or 12' new Ford's w/ the 6.7L Diesel. I have an 11'. Nice to see Ford trumping a Dodge :thumbsup:

It's a 2011 with the 6.7.I gave it a workout this evening hauling dirt to put back in the hole the stump came out of.My dump trailer is a 7x14 with 2' sides and it was full to just above the sides.I backed into the yard and the left side of the trailer sunk to the axel.I raised the bed of the trailer and used the tractor to unload the dirt enough to get the trailer unstuck.

/ Stump removal #9  
Nice Job, you did a lot of root chopping! I like the blanket over the chain.:thumbsup: Safety First.

/ Stump removal #10  
Wow, that is some stump. Good job on getting it dug out with the loader.