M7040 exhaust pipe height

/ M7040 exhaust pipe height #1  

Blue Planet

Wanting to get my tractor into a standard car garage--7 ft. height. Top of exhaust pipe is about 89 inches. Anyone know of an easy way to lower the height of the pipe a bit?

/ M7040 exhaust pipe height #2  
Easy - 4" angle grinder with cutoff wheel.
Cheap - hacksaw.

/ M7040 exhaust pipe height #3  
or just do what someone I know would do.
Get distracted and drive into the garage. It will immediately lower itself when it hits the header. Might not look too nice.

/ M7040 exhaust pipe height #4  
The height of the exhaust pipe does not affect engine tuning or anything of that sort if you decide to shorten it. Be sure to put an exhaust cap (flap) on the end to keep out the rain. Tractor Supply has them and probably most tractor dealers.

However, if you do hacksaw off the pipe be ready for a face full of exhaust soot if the wind is blowing in the right (wrong) direction. Also, it will happen at speed.

My L48 and BX2200 have the exhaust by the left front tire. That is hardly ideal either if you are thinking of that kind of modification.

/ M7040 exhaust pipe height #5  
You can get a downward / horizontal exhaust from your Kubota dealer, which puts the exhaust down. It points outward from the tractor just behind the front left tire. We ordered this option on our 7040 when we bought it.

/ M7040 exhaust pipe height
Thanks everyone!

/ M7040 exhaust pipe height #7  
Cut it off & shorten it, thats the only way.