B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper?

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #1  

Rhino421

Tractor
B26 TLB
I need a little advise. I have alot of yard and drive grading (plus a road for hunting land) to do and have decided a box scraper is the way to go for now. I have been looking used and found an older woods GB60 and an older new landpride bb2560 for sale. I started calling dealers to get an idea of what "new" would run so I could get a good price baseline for negotiating. All my research up to this point states a "60" maybe "66" would be the ideal size. I have never used a box scraper so have no actual experience to draw on:(. My closest Kubota dealer who would have to order any blade I would need stated that with the B26 being heavy built that he suggested a "72" box scraper. He stated it should be able to easily handle the size and that is what he would put behind this commercial version. :confused: I have seen many 6 foot used box scrapers and only a few 5 footers and know I could get a good deal on a 6 footer. Is what the dealer is stating correct or would you stick with the 5 footer? B26 owners I would love to hear your opinion on this dealers comments and your own experience with box scraper behind your machine. PS.. another dealer I spoke with has a new 6 foot woods that has been sitting on his lot for years he is willing to let go states it is now a nice pink color:D

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #2  
I think you can handle the 72", but if your doing hunting roads, it might be a hassle so the 60" at a great price might be more enticing. My 40hp tractor came with a 60" box blade, but the tires sit at 66". You might take your width into consideration.

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #3  
With 26hp I'd stick with 60 to 66" if it were me.

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #4  
A 72 would work just for driveway or yard smoothing where you are not filling the box with dirt/gravel. If you dig enough to fill the box you may have difficulty moving it.

Bruce

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #5  
With my buddies 29hp Mahindra I am able to pull his 72" box blade and rippers just fine. 26hp shouldn't be any different, other than possibly weight...

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #6  
Personally, I like a box blade about the width of my tractor. It just seems easier to prevent bumping into unwanted things that sometimes happen if you're in an area with obstructions, such as the woods.

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #7  
60" is all you want if you are going to use it for any heavy work. Even though the B26 does weigh more, it is still a B-series, take the hoe off and it's not much heavier than the B3200/B3030. A 60" box blade, when full to the brim of dirt or gravel, is all my B3200 can pull. I'd look for a nice heavy duty 60" box blade in the 500-600lb range.

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #8  
60" is all you want if you are going to use it for any heavy work. Even though the B26 does weigh more, it is still a B-series, take the hoe off and it's not much heavier than the B3200/B3030. A 60" box blade, when full to the brim of dirt or gravel, is all my B3200 can pull. I'd look for a nice heavy duty 60" box blade in the 500-600lb range.

My neighbors L3400 (tires filled) struggled using my HD 72" box blade full of dirt, but it was fine for soil and driveway grading A 66" box blade would be about the biggest for B26.

/ B26 ... kubota dealer says 72" box scraper? #9  
Personally, I like a box blade about the width of my tractor. It just seems easier to prevent bumping into unwanted things that sometimes happen if you're in an area with obstructions, such as the woods.
Agree with this post. If you tractor won't handle a full box then don't fill up the box.:)