Put a 50 cal box on mine today

/ Put a 50 cal box on mine today #11  
My BX 25 BH prevents that arrangement. I have really looked over the whole thing for a place for a tool box. No good place that will not be vunerable to banging into something or creatre a visability problem. Anybody out there tried to mount something on a BX 25?
Side of the rollbar? Front of the tractor? On top of the FEL crossbar?
Those look like they would work on the BX TLBs that I have seen at the dealer

Aaron Z

/ Put a 50 cal box on mine today #14  
I put this carry all on my BX25. It cost $1 from the Dollar Store. I added an old piece of composite decking to level it on the bottom; then a zip tie to the loader frame to secure it.

Attachments

• Carry All for Kubota BX25.jpg
    Carry All for Kubota BX25.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 322
   / Put a 50 cal box on mine today #16  
I have a dozen ammo boxes kicking around my workshop and tractor bay. They are weather-tight and latch securely. I get them at a local army surplus store cheap. I keep my chainsaw supplies in one, working chains in others, tools and all sorts of things. They stack well and keep things in place. I had not thought about mounting one on the John Deere, but will take a look. Good idea.

/ Put a 50 cal box on mine today #17  
The ammo boxes are weather tight. they have a seal which actually works very well.

/ Put a 50 cal box on mine today
I used a 3/16" thick by 5' wide steel plate with 4 bolts going thru the box with blue thread-lok an nylok nuts on the bottom. bolts are just long enough to not hit the paint below by about a 1/4"

I mounted the plate under the inside 4 rops hold down nuts. I put 3/4" holes in the plate to have a little play room. I then put the seat where I always keep it for my comfort an then mouted the 50 cal box about 1/4" behind it, so the lid would open without hitting the seat. It worked out great, you can put a lotta stuff in a 50 cal box if need be.

Oh yeah, I put a piece of house carpet in the bottom of the box to keep some of the rattles down. I had to paint the box ford gray, I ran outta kubota gray when repainting the rops an mtg plate.

I think the new "Surplus Center" catalog I got today has them (50 cal box) for 9 or 10 bux on the very back
cover

The pvc schedule 40 4" pipe is munted to the rops with 2 stainless steel HD hose clamps that they use underground on plumbing equip. The only diff is that the screw in'em is SS also.

I have an all SS Rambo knife mounted to the pipe also for any unruly snakes an etc

Gotta figure out where to mount my snake shootin' gun/revolver on it next.

Will get some pics of the weights I put on the frt end yesterday also. Always another project. I needed them for going uphill on the road with a 42" brush hog in the raised position. It will get a little lite in the frt end if not for that extra 100 lb. up there

Last edited:
   / Put a 50 cal box on mine today
Nice lookin' job there Toolman. Most would have painted the box orange but it looks real good gray. I need to go shootin' this weekend and empty one of my cans cause I've been wanting to add a tool box to my BX for a while.

kj

I painted it gray because my little gal has a sign shop an can make me a taz to put on it like she made for my lttle ranger truck. I might make him a different color though, maybe even orange!!

Attachments

• Taz 001.JPG
    Taz 001.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 145
   / Put a 50 cal box on mine today #20  
I put one on my 4720 a few weeks back. I used what I had close by. When I first got the grapple, I jammed a limb or two through the grill. After installing the brush guard, I still had a space underneath it, exactly where the limbs went through. So I put a couple of pieces of angle on the inside of the support and bolted a 2X6 in the gap, and bolted the ammo can to the 2X6. I didn't paint mine. I kinda like having the intimidation factor of 50CAL on the front:)

Attachments

• can1s.jpg
    can1s.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 196
  • can2s.jpg
    can2s.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 175