Towing boat with B2920

/ Towing boat with B2920
To respond to a few of the questions: I do have the rear tires filled, which gives good balance on this machine for the loader. The BH subframe is also always on and that's relatively heavy and I'm sure that helps, but i do pop on the BH when moving heavy rocks as that adds a nice 1,000 lbs of ballast.

I've been very happy with the traction of the turfs. It's done fine on grass, snow, ice, and even in mud as long as I'm in 4wd. I've got a VERY steep hill I go up and down a lot, which has tested the traction quite a bit. I find in 4wd and Low I'm in good shape and other than accidentally using 2wd once early on (resulting in a scary slide on ice).

Thanks for pointing out the 3pt down pressure issue. I hadn't thought about it as much, though I did make sure the check chains were tight for this job and kept the hitch low. I also have a BH subrame on that limits the upward movement of the 3pt arms at the very top of their range, but next time I think i'll add a chain to the bottom just in case. The trailer has a fair bit of weight on the front and dual wheels, so that helps it not want to tip back. I definitely always use low range and go very slow. I don't think i would tow it much other than to move it around the yard and certainly not on any serious slopes, while traction seems like its more than enough to stop the boat I've got enough respect for the forces involved to know not to try and push it.

/ Towing boat with B2920 #13  
I have used my BX2200 to move my 8880lb 38' travel trailer around my property. It amazed me how well it handled it, but all the above warnings apply.

/ Towing boat with B2920 #14  
I use my B2320 to move my trailers around the yard.My heaviest trailer is my gooseneck dump and it will barely pick it up.

Attachments

• IMAG0135 (640x383).jpg
    IMAG0135 (640x383).jpg
    480 KB · Views: 173
  • IMAG0138 (383x640).jpg
    IMAG0138 (383x640).jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 123
   / Towing boat with B2920 #15  
This is a huge concern - especially with a boat your size. I was moving a similar sized boat, keeping the hitch nice and low for stability purposes. While backing over a berm, the hitch popped up and scared the bejesus out of me. You need to be very careful and aware of this.

If loaded correctly there should be positive tongue weight, enough to keep it from popping up... Between, boats, campers, flatbed, or a dump trailer I've never had a problem. I have a 14* driveway too...

Sure if you have neutral or negative tongue weight then there will be issues...