Kubota B2410

/ Kubota B2410 #1  

Rheindown

Tractor
Ferguson TEF20
I need to remove a rear wheel for a puncture repair, can anyone offer a suggestion for removing the split cotter on the rear wheel. I have removed the pin through the axle shaft and slackened the cotter nut but access to knock the bolt out is severely restricted within the wheel rim. I've tried WD40 but don't think that will do it. The wheel rim bolts are facing inwards so it is not possible to remove the wheel from the hub.

/ Kubota B2410 #2  
I've got the shop manual for the 2x10s, the picture is useless, here's the description if it helps you:

1. Loosen the nut (1) of cotter pin bolt.
2. Remove the snap pin (5) and wheel hub pin (4).
3. Change the tread to desired position.

Note it doesn't say you need to remove the bolt, are you sure you can't slide the wheel off with it loosened?

/ Kubota B2410
BeezFun, thanks for your assistance tried it this morning, unfortunately the cotter is as tight as ****. I've put the holding pin back in position and I'm going to try driving the tractor around with the cotter bolt slackened in the hope it might be loosened. I've tried liberal amounts of WD40 but I'm doubtful that will do anything, I think a good smack with a hammer would do the trick if I could get at the bolt. If anyone else has any ideas I'm open to suggestions. Thanks again.

/ Kubota B2410 #4  
If anyone else has any ideas I'm open to suggestions. Thanks again.

Can you get a C clamp across the axle and tighten it to push the bolt out? Or position the bolt vertically, put a 4x4 on end on the rim to give you a solid surface close to the bolt and then use a small prybar to push on the bolt.