Temp sending unit

/ Temp sending unit #1  

Cavedog

Tractor
Kubota L3650
I have an L3650DT with no temp indication. I needed to know where the sending unit is. 99 folks have looked at my first post with no reply. So, with counting me that's a nice round 100 that don't have a clue where it is.
I pulled the instrument panel and put 6v to the gauge and the needle moved. I then ohm'd the connector and got an indication of about 1k ohms at 70 degrees. All of the parts are there and they work. In the next couple weeks I'll be mowing with a 6ft finish mower. That should get the gauge to move.

They sure have that thing hidden.

Thanks Cavedog

/ Temp sending unit #2  
Sorrry no one esle responded but I'll give it a try. The temp sender will be on the top part of the engine. It will either be in the thermostat housing or screwed into the cylinder head. Look very carefully all around the head. It's got to be there. Good Luck

/ Temp sending unit #3  
I've usually found them on the opposite end of the wire the gauge is on but maybe things have changed with modern technology.

/ Temp sending unit
I should have thought of that. I should take off all of the body panels and tear the electrical harness totally apart and follow the lead to the sending unit. I'll get on that tomorrow.:)

Thanks for your help.