Really need help...M7040

/ Really need help...M7040 #1  

samofsweden

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx24, 2007
Hi again.
Well Im very frustrated.
I bought a used M7040 2009 with 160hours on, from Barlow Equipment couple month ago. Its fitted with FEL with 3 function. (217hours total today)
Quite soon I discovered that my tractor (when varm) started to sqeek on idle, only on idle. I called Barlow, talked with Steve which sold me the tractor. He wasnt sure, but he heard that there been some issue with sqeek sound. He connected me to his mechanic, which told me that Kubota have a problem with this explaining its air building up some where in the hydralic system creating this sound. He recommended me to change Hyd.fluid and filters.

I hired a local mechanic to hear and investigate this, we found that if I engage the PTO, the sqeeeeek sound disapers, the sound fade away slowly. When the tractor is really warm, engaging the PTO doesnt help.

Today I changed hyd.oil and filter. But it still sqeeeeeeeks.....
The sound is so loud that you hear it 200-300 yards...

When lifting the hood, you find 2 hydralic pipes that goes to the hyd.cooler in the front, these vibrate heavily when it sqeeek.

Please I need help.
No I dont live close to my dealer....north of Europe...Sweden;)

/ Really need help...M7040
Big Bubba, thanks alot:thumbsup: Gregs problem sound like mine.
I sent him a message.
I couldnt understand exactly which valve his dealer going to change.
Thanks
/Sam

Ok I did some testing/investigation yesterday. And I found that the sound on my tractor may come from the hydraulic clutch "assist", under the tractor on the left side between fueltank and gearbox there is a "connection" of some kind
and the sqeek seem to come from there.

If I let the tractor run on idle in neutral, but neutral in the gearbox, and leave the "direction-chooser" in forward or reverse the sqeek sound doesnt start.

Any ideas regarding this?
Thanks for your input!
/Sam

/ Really need help...M7040 #5  
sam: sounds like air trapped somewhere in there. sticking valve or needs bleeding some way. i would start a new thread giving that particular description. I would also call Kubota central technical assistance, don't have the number handy, your dealership should have it for your region. let us know how it goes....if it's been a common problem there is a solution out there... good luck

sam: sounds like air trapped somewhere in there. sticking valve or needs bleeding some way. i would start a new thread giving that particular description. I would also call Kubota central technical assistance, don't have the number handy, your dealership should have it for your region. let us know how it goes....if it's been a common problem there is a solution out there... good luck

Well Big Bubba, I think you are right, air!
I keep you updated, thanks for reply
/Sam

Well after even more searching the sound do come from the steering unit.
And the pipes going forward from the steering unit to the oilcooler vibrate when the sqeek sound acours.

What to do with it I dont know now.

/ Really need help...M7040 #8  
sounds like you are having a very frustrating diagnosis of problem. a problem area in hydraulics can telegraph through the system to make it sound like it is occurring @ a different location given the nature of fluid dynamics.
I am far from a hyd. expert. my uneducated guess is that there is a restriction somewhere in the system. 1) does everything work properly except for the sound? 2) are you under warranty? 3) what kind of support are you getting from dealer? 4) have you contacted Kubota central re: this problem? sounds like a challenge, but there has to be an answer. sorry can't be more help

/ Really need help...M7040 #9  
Just curious, did Barlow's charge any extra to deliver to Sweden?

/ Really need help...M7040 #10  
Also there has been a problem with Kubota's"third function",try and slightly lower the three point hitch.The sound you may be hearing is the hydrualics going into "relief",lowering the three point relieves the pressure.Not a fix but stops it from going in relief.Kubota is aware of this problem...hope a fix is in the making.