Loader New L3240, can't hook up FEL

/ New L3240, can't hook up FEL #1  

Dutch61

After careful consideration and test drive (green and orange) I decided on the Kubota L3240. The deciding factors were ground clearance, a host of premium features that come with the Grand series and I must admit the new 2010/11 styling. Been busy tilling the orchard, vineyard and berry patch, it all sits on about 200'x150' plot behind the barn. I'll post pics when I get the FEL installed...

The dealer delivered and we went over all the attachments and I have successfully "mastered" them, except the FEL. I assumed on and off would be the challenge, binding pins etc, no that's the easy part. (or is it), now it sits on it's parking stand, flat bucket, pins removed and hoses dangling. I tried to hook it up and I can only attach the Blue/Red (outboard) connecters, the Yellow/While inboard won't snap closed. I'm pulling back the ring, no dirt etc. I was able to do the other 2, so my technique is correct. So here is my question?

Is there a particular order they must be attached (or removed)?
Do I let off pressure at joy stick, leave in Float mode?
(I tried all the combination I could think of)
Did moving the joystick with power applied "dead head" the pump and it needs bleeding, pressure relieving?

All I can do is move the bucket (Red/Blue) and not raise the FEL, White/Yellow. I am able to couple with the tractor, and I thought that might remove some pressure in the cylinders, no luck.

Ok how about it, what's the trick, I promise to not tell anyone.

/ New L3240, can't hook up FEL #3  
Pullup to the loader, be sure all the lines will reach the connectors,shut off the unit,move the joystick all around to relive all hyd. pressure, then connect the lines, now you should be able to reattach the laoder with full operation...this is how I do it on m BX.
Always be sure to relase all pressure the same way prior to disconnecting as the pressure is very high,even though i doubt you could pullit apart,its still a safety hazzard.

/ New L3240, can't hook up FEL #4  
Ditto above!

/ New L3240, can't hook up FEL #5  
Read the thread crazyangel gave you and you will be set to go. We dismount/mount the FEL on ours frequently and better than half the time have to relieve the pressure.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hVW7hQadF8[/ame]

/ New L3240, can't hook up FEL #6  
I had the same issue with the hose connections on one tractor and tryed the pushing in of detent in hose and rotating stick and every thing. No go!! Was ready to return tractor.:mad: Finally got out an open end wrench the size of one of the fitting on the hyd line, loosened nut a bit till fluis escaped and then tightened nut back up, hooked up hose and decided to keep the tractor.:D They click back on so easy when the pressure is relieved but when still charged can be very difficult to hook back up. If they don't click right back on, you've still got pressure in the system. The sun shining on the hoses/tractor or days getting hotter after you remove hoses will build the pressure up.

/ New L3240, can't hook up FEL #7  
I had the same issue with the hose connections on one tractor and tryed the pushing in of detent in hose and rotating stick and every thing. No go!! Was ready to return tractor.:mad: Finally got out an open end wrench the size of one of the fitting on the hyd line, loosened nut a bit till fluis escaped and then tightened nut back up, hooked up hose and decided to keep the tractor.:D They click back on so easy when the pressure is relieved but when still charged can be very difficult to hook back up. If they don't click right back on, you've still got pressure in the system. The sun shining on the hoses/tractor or days getting hotter after you remove hoses will build the pressure up.

I had exactly the same issue that John Thomas describes - residual pressure from the hydraulics heating up in the sun. Tried pushing the pin in - no go. After getting frustrated I walked away and something else came up. Came back to it early the next morning and it hooked right up. Next time it happens I'm going to try putting alawn sprinkler on it for a few minutes and see if that will release it.

/ New L3240, can't hook up FEL #8  
small drift pin, gloved hand, small ball been hammer, one good tap. works every time on either the male or female connector.