Tractor
    KUBOTA B3030

Default Hydraulic Quick Connects Persnickery

I just took the snowblower off my B3030 and tried to hook up the FEL. I couldn't get any of the hydraulic quick connects hooked up. The tractor is shut off and I moved the lever to release any pressure on it but the quick connects will only go on about 3/4 of the way and that is it. Not far enough to lock. Is there any trick to connecting these? Usually it is really easy but sometimes they just won't co-operate.

Thanks

Default Re: Hydraulic Quick Connects Persnickery

Try using a blunt object, like a dowel, nail set or punch, to depress the ball. Don't hammer it, just push with it. If the ball won't depress then there is still a bit of pressure.

If the ball depresses but some fluid comes out it may have been just enough pressure to make hooking up difficult.

The other thing I have done is to hose down the area with WD40 to flush out any dirt or debris and also provide some lube.

Good luck.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

The problem is caused by multiple things. When you start to take the loader off next time, be sure to really release all pressure by moving the loader control valve lever multiple times to all positions before you remove the connectors. This helps relieve residual pressure in the lines, and helps to "settle the loader" on the ground before removal. But it can still settle some after remove which re pressurizes the lines. Another problem is what is the temp when you removed the loader vs. when you try to attach it again. If it has warmed up and the loader lines sitting in sunshine will get warmer and re pressure the lines. About all you can do is get a piece of wood and a clean rag and attempt to force the check ball back and release the pressure (carefully as you will get a showerbath of oil) or get wrenches and "crack the fitting" by partially unscrewing the coupler fitting on the loader lines until it leaks out a little fluid thus relieving the pressure. I always used the wood and rag method, but learned to really settle the loader good first on the ground so there is absolutley not movement in the loader when moving the control lever. Also don't have your foot on the brake of the tractor so that its does not put any pressure on the loader either. You want that loader settled. But you still may have to deal with the take it off cold and put it back on hot thing. Sometimes you can just get mad and man up and "force" the darn thing back on through brute strength and ignorance also. Good luck with one of those methods.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2710

I keep a short length of 3/8" wooden dowel under the seat, I often have to put it in the fitting and give it a whack to depress the ball and relieve the pressure buildup. Make sure you put a rag around it, stuff can spray out.
    Kubota B2710, New Holland CM274 front mower, Toro Zmaster ZTR, Ford 908 bush hog, New Idea manure spreader, Swisher trail mower

Tractor
    KUBOTA B3030

Thanks everybody! The short dowel idea worked great. I learned real quick to put a rag around the whole thing though to keep the oil from flying. I guess there was just enough pressure on the fittings to hold them apart. You saved some of my hair (and I don't have a lot to lose)!

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Another problem is what is the temp when you removed the loader vs. when you try to attach it again. If it has warmed up and the loader lines sitting in sunshine will get warmer and re pressure the lines. About all you can do is get a piece of wood and a clean rag and attempt to force the check ball back and release the pressure (carefully as you will get a showerbath of oil) or get wrenches and "crack the fitting" by partially unscrewing the coupler fitting on the loader lines until it leaks out a little fluid thus relieving the pressure.
    Or chill
    I've had that happen several times with my backhoe, first time I waited till next morning, second time I hosed the lines down with water, last time, about a week ago I again waited till morning. I tried as hard as possible (250lbs of me) to press the ball against wood but it wouldn't leak a drip.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all