BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart

/ BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart #1  

uglyboywith11fingers

Gold Member
Tractor
2007 BX24TLB, 1998 TG1860G
My BX24 seat has been getting a bit harder to swivel lately, so had a look underneath...
The centre nut was loose, and in the space between the two parts that swivel, there are/should be 4 white nylon spacers/sliders and at least 2 steel balls. mine was so loose that I've lost 2 of the nylon spacers, and I'm not sure how many steel roller balls there should be.
Anyone have this issue before ? Any solution other than visiting the dealer and pay $5 for some 5 cent parts ?
That centre nut which was loose in my case, obviously should be the type with nylon insert that is semi-locking. Certainly that will be one mod when I put it back together.

Pete

/ BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart #2  
That happened to my BX25 within the first month or so of ownership. While I was turning the seat to use the BH, I saw what turned out to be one of the ball bearings flying out and the seat came off into my hands. I'm just glad I wasn't sitting on it when it came apart. I suspect it could have been a thrilling ride. I was able to find one of the ball bearings, but not the second. I believe there is are double nuts that lock the whole thing together and, obviously, they were not tightened sufficiently together. Depending of how far your dealer is away, you could always order the parts online. Sorry, but I have no other solution to offer unless you happen to have the right sized ball bearings around.

/ BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart #3  
My BX22 did the same thing back when it was about a month old. I bolted it back together with a jam nut and forgot about it

/ BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart #4  
Happenned to my BX24 when I first got it. Looked at parts diagram, ordered parts and fixed. Worked better when I was done. Can't remember if I used nylon nut or loc-tite??

$7.16 per spacer - 4 needed - K2591-56670
$.35 per ball - 2 needed - 07715-01607
$8.05 spring - 1 needed - K2591-56682

Bolt, washer and nut get local.

Good luck!

Deano

/ BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart #5  
Whoops, just reread post. Two balls are needed (go figure!) 4 nylon spacers needed. Yours didn't come all the way apart so not as much as mine needed!!:thumbsup:

/ BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart #7  
My BX25 seat came loose as well shortly after I started using it.I double nutted the center bolt and never had a problem with it again.

/ BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart
like a wavy washer, you mean ??? nothing like that on there, just a flat washer and the nut that was very loose.
I just got this BX24 last Sept... I suppose the previous owner had this come loose and perhaps lost the spring washer.
I'll have a look at the parts listing.

Pete

/ BX24 swivel seat mechanism came apart #10  
I think it is a square piece os bowed spring metal. parts diagram shows it under the head of the bolt.