Detaching mid mount mower

/ Detaching mid mount mower #1  

daveswan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Does any one know what I need to do to detach the drive shaft of my 60 inch mid mount mower from the PTO of by kubota bx25? I had it delievered by dealer with mower attached and no manual on the mower.

/ Detaching mid mount mower #2  
It's a little difficult to reach, but there is a collar that slides back on the pto shaft where it connects to the output shaft on the tractor. Just reach in and grab the outside of that coupling and slide it back and it should unlock the retainer inside and slide rt off. Then when you reinstall you have to slide that collar back and push the pto shaft on all the way and you should hear a click when it's locked in place.

/ Detaching mid mount mower #3  
yup about collar. here is a tip though - for a newbie- it will bee best if you shift the pto selector to rear pto only, this will allow you to rotate the shaft to a better gripping position. I did that for awhile and now gotten used to it and now I can just blindly reach in, grab collar and go by feel which way to twist shaft to disconnect in less then 1-5 seconds.

just practice and you will bee an expert in no time at all.

/ Detaching mid mount mower #5  
   / Detaching mid mount mower #6  
MUCH........ Easier to take off than put on.

That's what I have always been afraid of. My B2710 is 13 years old and has never had the MMM off!

Ken

/ Detaching mid mount mower #7  
Once you get the hang of it, it is very simple and easy to detach or reattach your mid-mount mower. I have a B2410, and do it in a couple of minutes. I find it easiest to slide up between the two rear tires and reach under to release the mid-PTO. I tried it from the side, but it is harder that way.

Good luck! :thumbsup:​

/ Detaching mid mount mower #8  
Or use the fel to raise whole tractor after releasing pins and front mount pull mower forward to sep drive shaft and get deck out. lower/block front wheels then do the collar. Might want to mark shaft as to where missing spline is. your choice to reverse or re assemble shaft lube the heck out of collar and make sure it locks back push should lock onto pto. contact dealer for manual new under seat used think kubota says they provide manual for liabity reasons $40 or so from dealer good investment try online. Whatever make sure the shaft is firmy connected or $$$$ for repairs. I use 4 3 wheeled dollies HF under wheels when off/on on concrete easy to align deck.

YMMV Pat Rothlauf

/ Detaching mid mount mower #9  
MUCH........ Easier to take off than put on.

Exactly...

I attached my mower for the season a week or so ago...First time I did it at night in the dark. What a pain!!!!!!!!! :mad: :confused2: :mad:

/ Detaching mid mount mower #10  
Someone here suggested rolling the tractor up on a couple of 2X6's laid flat under the front and rear tires. That extra inch and a half makes all the difference on my BX2350. I do this al the time.

When attaching the shaft, I found it's easier to get it lined up and slid partially on the PTO stub, then pull the collar back and engage it the rest of ther way. Saves a lot of hand cramping by trying to hold the collar back while fishing around down there.