Removing fenders and floor pan on BX1850

/ Removing fenders and floor pan on BX1850 #1  

oldnslo

Tractor
Branson 2400H, JD X540
I have a couple of questions on removing the fenders and floor pan on my BX1850.

1) How does the speed adjusting knob for the 3PH come off. I can not see any jam nut against the end of the plastic and don't like the idea of pliers and pray something don't break.

2) Floor pan, does the plastic trim below the grill type battery cover have to be removed before the pan can be removed?

3) Any easy way to repair/replace the brass insert in the hand grips on the fenders. One of these spun out of the plastic.

4) It looks like the black rubber mat on the floor pan is held on with plastic push lock clips. Is this true or does some thing else hold the mat down?

Trying to prevent breaking things needlessly.

TIA

/ Removing fenders and floor pan on BX1850 #2  
I removed my floor pan with the mat still attached. I didnt have to take the fenders off at all. I did remove the plastic battery floor , but I can't remember if it was needed or not, I wouldnt worry about how much work to remove the battery floor- its pretty simple.
I cant speak for the handles and the control knobs- but the MMM knob If I recall right I removed it with my hands pulling straight off.

/ Removing fenders and floor pan on BX1850
Radioman,
you are correct on the knobs pulling off with enough persuasion.
Plastic trim below the battery does come off easy once you remove enough grass, dirt mix to find that last bolt...

thanks

Roy

/ Removing fenders and floor pan on BX1850 #4  
Pulls straight off... I pulled too hard on mine and cracked it, new one was only $3 at the dealer...

/ Removing fenders and floor pan on BX1850 #5  
Radioman,
you are correct on the knobs pulling off with enough persuasion.
Plastic trim below the battery does come off easy once you remove enough grass, dirt mix to find that last bolt...

thanks

Roy

you are welcome.