float control on remote(s)

/ float control on remote(s) #1  

rtd

Tractor
Ford 3930 - Kubota L3430 - Kubota B2150 - YM155D
I am in the process of pricing rear remote kits and have a question.

When would a person need a float position on a remote? This is essential for a loader, but what would be connected to a remote that might need this somewhat more expensive feature?

I can't think of any but those with more experience might be able to educate me.

/ float control on remote(s) #2  
I added a second remote and it came with float control, so I asked the same question. There were a bunch of answers, but the one that made the most sense to me was if you have a hydraulic top link, it is easier to hook up if you can float that cylinder.

/ float control on remote(s) #4  
It makes eaiser to hook up hoses also. Just put it in float. No need to kill tractor to relieve pressure.

/ float control on remote(s) #5  
Sometimes an implement needs it. Here's a 3-point snow blower with a drag blade for cleaning up close to obstacles. The remote for up/down has float so blower and blade can move independently.

Attachments

• A - blade down.jpg
    A - blade down.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 223
  • B - blade up.jpg
    B - blade up.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 194
  • D- float position.jpg
    D- float position.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
   / float control on remote(s) #6  
It comes in useful for attachments like a land plane that follow the ground independent of the tractor.

/ float control on remote(s) #7  
You can leave the top link attached to your bush hog while you mow if the cylinder is in float position. Otherwise a fixed top link stresses the bush hog frame as you go over uneven ground.

/ float control on remote(s) #8  
It comes in useful for attachments like a land plane that follow the ground independent of the tractor.
Good for hydraulic tilt setups as well ... whether on FEL or 3PH. Very handy on my tilt tatch.
larry

/ float control on remote(s) #9  
I use the float on the top link hydraulic cylinder on the rotary cutter to allow it to float up and down, on the slip scraper to allow it to follow the ground and not go up and down with the tractor, I also use it on the box blade for the same reason as the slip scraper. I would recommend getting at least one or your remotes with float. Remember that the float function will not work with DPOCV (Dual Pilot Operated Check Valve)cylinders. A float valve will work as regular valve as well as float. You push it past the normal position till it detentes to float. :thumbsup: