New member with BX24 in France

/ New member with BX24 in France #11  
:welcome: to TBN! :thumbsup:

/ New member with BX24 in France #14  
Bonjour...

Now send pictures of a BX in France! :thumbsup::D

I think others have address'd your needs, if you do not have an "Operators
Manual" you will want to get that. That is the book that comes with the
tractor. The Parts and WSM or Work Shop Manual must be purchased.

I am floored that a dealer sold you all those 3Point Hitch implements but no
3-point hitch! They come in a cardboard box about 3" thick X 30" x 30"
approx. All the parts inside could be bundled into a much more compact box
and mailed easily I would think. If you need one just pay the fees and I
would be glad to help. I have a brand spanking new 3-point hitch in the box
here, I can get another easy. My ebay feedback is well over 1000 and stays
true at 100% so your safe if you want to do it.

Now send pictures of a BX in France ! :p

Sock Kram Blur ! :laughing:

/ New member with BX24 in France #15  
Was the problem price or is it that they have limited the product line for sale in Europe? Curious because I worked for a major construction equipment manufacturer, USA based. I spent 3 years living in Europe and 6 additional years commuting about once a month. One frustration was the transaction price for our stuff was much lower in any EU country than the exact same product sold in North America. In fact I saw several of my machines that were equipped with EU specific kits (sound - Americans don't seem to care if they are deaf by the time they are 30 but Europeans like to protect their hearing, so we had European and Japanese sound kits which easily identified machines). International construction companies were buying their machines in Europe and shipping them to North America. Some of those machines originated in North America so they saw 2 ocean voyages across the Atlantic before they moved any dirt. So are tractors different? Here almost all the middle power range ag tractors are built in Europe and small tractors are built in Asia.

/ New member with BX24 in France
Thanks for your help. It's going to be a pleasure to be part of such a friendly and helpful group.
Leaving cold, wet Scotland to go to France next week for the summer to lay pipes for my watering system.

Sorry, I did not notice the second page of response - with questions - when I posted the previous post.

Artisan
Thanks for your offer. I now have the hitch waiting for me in France. It cost more to send it than to buy it - and $100 import duty on top.
I値l try to put in a photo, but my computer skills are extremely limited, especially on the Internet. When I click on INSERT IMAGE it asks for an url. That's beyond my ken.

MHarryE
Kubota sub-compact tractors are sold in Britain and France, but in Britain especially few people have enough land to justify having more than a grass-cutting tractor. Presumably the expense of making the BX series acceptable in Europe was not worthwhile for a market reckoned to be small. Perhaps the difficulty was very demanding European Health & Safety rules with opportunistic lawyers hovering behind them.
As to price, almost everything I saw in the US was cheaper than in Britain, and much cheaper than in France. I bought my Husqvarna in France for $5200. I saw the same model - less cutting deck - in a big box store in Charleston for $2000 (plus tax presumably)

/ New member with BX24 in France #18  
to attach a photo... when you click on the paper clip icon, you can then browse your PC for the pic you want to attach, then click 'upload'.
what part of France is your place ? My neighbour here in Canada just sold his place there (south west region) last year due to his age... pushing 80.

Pete

Radioman
It is the workshop manual I'm looking for. I have the owner's manual. I have a mechanic friend and I'm trying to avoid the annual service charge.
Thanks for your help.
Uglyboy
My house is in the SW of France. In the Dordogne - or the Perigord as the French call it. I have tried to add a photo to this message: me on the BX24 in front of my converted farmhouse.

Attachments

• DSC04973.JPG
    DSC04973.JPG
    930.2 KB · Views: 159
   / New member with BX24 in France #20  
Radioman
It is the workshop manual I'm looking for. I have the owner's manual. I have a mechanic friend and I'm trying to avoid the annual service charge.
Thanks for your help.
Uglyboy
My house is in the SW of France. In the Dordogne - or the Perigord as the French call it. I have tried to add a photo to this message: me on the BX24 in front of my converted farmhouse.

Nice pic, but try to keep that loader on the ground when digging. :thumbsup: