3pt functionality/control problem?

/ 3pt functionality/control problem? #1  

CTyler

Veteran Member
Tractor
L3130
I have a L3130 and am puzzled as to why the fine controll is not there on the 3pt. The 3pt moves up and down ok but small movements are not precise. Take the box blade for example and you want to lift it gradually or just an inch. So I pull on the lever a little bit and nothing, a little more still maybe nothing, a tiny bit more and it jumps 2-3 inches. When pulling on the lever a little I'm talking 1/8 to 1/4 or so. The heavier the load the worse it acts. Its not "that bad" but its mildly irritating.

Why isnt there precise controll like with the loader or my HTL?
Its almost like there is air in it or slight sticking on a valve? However it does this going down as well, jerky not smooth for small movements. It has done this since day one.

Another thing that started recently is the 3pt leaking down. This started immediatly after changing the hydraulic fluid. The 3pt will leakdown an inch or two. This happens slow enough that its not noticable. However when the sensor, valve whatever detects it has moved it jumps back up again.

What detects the relative position on the 3pt? Can the sensitivity be changed? Is there something I can check for these issues or do I need to call the dealer?

Thanks
Chris

/ 3pt functionality/control problem? #2  
As a thought, try throttling the engine down. I found that if I run above 2200-2300 rpm, all of the hydraulics are a bit jerky....also, if you are driving, or if you are using other hydraulics then the 3 point hitch will compete for pressure and that could cause some slight problems.

/ 3pt functionality/control problem?
All the rest of the hydraulics are smooth at any RPM just faster/slower. The 3pt is actually slightly better at higher RPM, more responsive at least.

Thought about the hydraulics competing for pressure. Rulled that out by being stopped, stepping on the brake, not using any other hydraulics and moving the 3pt.

Thanks
Chris

/ 3pt functionality/control problem? #4  
I have the same problems with my new B7500. I was so use to my older Kubota B6200 that when I spent the big money on a new machine and then I had a hard time spreading gravel because the lift raised too fast. Now thats frustrating!!!!!!! You pull and puul the lever back then all of a sudden it raises like right now.. I found it very hard to feather the control.

/ 3pt functionality/control problem? #5  
Have you adjusted the control valve under the seat, you know, the knob to the right as you look down. I was meaning to try it tonight with my weight box to see if it made any difference....got busy puttering in my shop and didn't get around to it......

Hi...

Yea I played around with it. The valve will increase/decrease the travel rate or close it to lock it in position. It doesn't seem to make a difference as far as movement and the control lever. Its like the lever has to move 5% percent before there is enough change to warrant movement and then it moves 5% when you only want 1%.

Thanks
Chris

Dohh...I see your were responding to JBcat.

The valve will help with the speed, mine is usually about mid position.

/ 3pt functionality/control problem? #8  
Just got a bulletin from Kubota today. Seems like there's a 3-pt filter that doesn't need to be there and it needs to be removed. Check with your dealer, they should know about it(or will soon). this supposedly affects the 3-pt opp. and may very well be your problem. As for the B7500, this is not a position control hitch and this is just how it is.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif <font color="orange"> Happy Tractorin'</font> /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 3pt functionality/control problem? #9  
That filter problem, is that on the 7500 or the 3130???

Thanks - JB

I called the dealer and he read the bulletin but the service dept needs to check it out. They said it sounds like air and/or needs adjustment.

They want to come pick up the tractor which is what I was afraid of. Its great they want to pick it up, thier service is good. Trouble is I'm without the tractor for a day or two. Were doing a lot of dirtwork on the farm getting ready to build a house. I'd prefer to do this myself if possible and save me and the dealer time. Guess maybe I need to talk to the mechanic in the service dept.

Thanks
Chris