BX22 details details...??

/ BX22 details details...?? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm close to purchasing a BX22, working out final details. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
getting Bar Tires Dealer told me Calcium Chloride will add approx. 180 lb per rear tire. He said if tires are filled 3/4 full rims will not rust. Not getting the MMM right away. when we do.

1) with the BX weighing in at 1520lb (without loader and BH). 1520lb + 360lb tires + 40lb gas + 190lb (me) + MMM =
over 2,110lb + (12oz beer) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif is this going to rut up the yard?

2)will i notice difference doing loader work with additional 360lb in rear?

3) should I use windshield washer fluid like NY Yankee Fan?
I plan on keeping BH on when doing loader work.

Thank you all.

/ BX22 details details...?? #2  
<font color="blue">..doing loader work with additional 360lb in rear... </font>

What kind of loader work did you have in mind using a BX22...?

/ BX22 details details...??
JohnMiller3
light residential landscaping, improving 2 acre lot, moving dirt, some rock, firewood, nothing heavy duty, I guess saying "doing loader work" means heavy duty, didn't mean to imply that sorry.

but one reason for loading up tires is property is shaped like NASCAR racetrack a big bowl with 1/2 acre pond in the middle. tractor is basically going to be on 30-40 degree incline all the time. thanks for your help.

/ BX22 details details...?? #4  
<font color="blue">...light residential landscaping, improving 2 acre lot, moving dirt, some rock, firewood, nothing heavy duty...</font>

Hey... you are the ideal customer for a BX22... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your proposed uses are exactly what that baby was designed for... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Loading the rears will do everything to enhance your stability with/without bh/loader combinations... if you stay off "wet" grass, you probably won't see a mark/rut...

My friend uses a 3800 lb. MF with loaded rears (~ 900 lbs.), towing a 12' finish bat-wing mower (~3000 lbs) and you don't see a mark on his lawn (~ 12 acres)... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ BX22 details details...?? #5  
I doubt the ballast weight will be quite that much (180lbs each). You might see if you can figure it from HERE . I don't remember the tire size of the BX.
Whether or not you will rut your yard probably depends on your soil conditions, how wet/dry, what type of grass you have. I have heavy clay soil as a base, with a few inches of top soil, bahia grass (obviously not lawn grass - was once a cow pasture!), and a slope so that I get good drainage. We had heavy rains for 2-3 days earlier this week - probably 3-4 inches rain! The grass/ground had yesterday afternoon and today to dry out, then I mowed tonight 7pm - 10pm. I usually mow with the loader/backhoe off, but today was in a hurry to get going and decided to leave everything on. That would put me at 1520 + diesel + MMM + FEL + backhoe + me! That would be roughly 3200 lbs if my math is correct. I have the bar tires. The only tire marks I saw were where I ran over ant beds /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif and mole hills /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I have way too many of both of those in my yard (4 acres)!
I hope this helps. I would guess that a nice, soft, spongy, well-manicured, EXPENSIVE lawn might be different. Mine is a YARD, not a LAWN /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

Terry

Thanks you. This site ought to be called Tractor Brittanica.

will the calcium chloride rust out my rims?

/ BX22 details details...?? #7  
<font color="blue">...will the calcium chloride rust out my rims?...</font>

Yes....

in 30-35 years or so... give or take a year or two... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On that BX22 (or just about any compact tractor) you don't want CalcChorl... stick with windshield washer fluid and possibly wheel weights... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX22 details details...?? #8  
bugz

I added about 10 gallons to each tire at 75% full, about 7.8 pounds per gallon of the washer fluid as per the bathroom scale. Noway 180 pounds per tire, well I do not think my scale is that far off /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX22 details details...?? #9  
I have a 2200 with loaded tires. the dealer said that the extra weight each was about 100 pounds. Calcium is very heavy and if memory serves it is over 12 lbs per gallon. Of course that depends on mix ratios and all that good stuff.
Two things to remember about filled tires: check pressure with valve in 12 o'clock position, and if you get a puncture, keep that part of the tire at 12 o'clock also.

How do you put the washer fluid into the tire? Is this a common practice, I haven't heard of it before.

Thanks,

Matt