Issue with loader on B2320

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #1  

TigerfaninAR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 FEL, MMM
Put the loader on tonight to use the ratchet rake like I've done 50 times. Worked it for about an hour and when I curled the bucket up to get rake out of the way and lower the bucket all the way down to park, the bucket hits an abrupt stop about a foot or two off the ground while lowering it down. Guess I didn't notice while using the ratchet rake because the bucket is never lowered that low while using the rake. Very light easy work tonight just finishing out some topsoil that I spread a few days ago. Never hit anything that jerked or stopped the tractor.

You can raise and lower, curl like usual until you lower it to that same spot. Feels like you've hit bottom but you are a foot or two off the ground.
I looked as best I could but was getting dark so will tackle it tomorrow. Besides taking off and reinstalling any other thoughts?

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #2  
I would check the quick connects, undo them and re-seat them.

Also, check to make sure the three point hitch is in neutral. I read on here that sometimes they are just enough in the raise position to divert flow from the FEL, if that makes any sense.

Let's hope it is as simple as one of those points.

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #3  
I would check the quick connects, undo them and re-seat them.

Also, check to make sure the three point hitch is in neutral. I read on here that sometimes they are just enough in the raise position to divert flow from the FEL, if that makes any sense.

Let's hope it is as simple as one of those points.

I agree.

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #4  
3PH in neutral? How the heck do you place 3PH in neutral? Do you mean make sure it's not raised all the way up in case it's set to high causing relief valve to open? The 3PH is either up, down or somewhere in the middle.

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #5  
Meaning.... Make sure the lever isn't stuck in either the up or down position, as it is want to do sometimes. I believe it to be the plastic, friction condom on the lever shaft that causes it to get "stuck" once in a while.

The 3 pt works against the FEL. When I'm clearing snow, I'm working the FEL joystick while also working the 3 pt lever for the back blade. Sometimes, if I do not center the 3 pt lever, (neutral) the FEL cannot respond.

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #6  
3PH in neutral? How the heck do you place 3PH in neutral? Do you mean make sure it's not raised all the way up in case it's set to high causing relief valve to open? The 3PH is either up, down or somewhere in the middle.
The 3ph lever will stay forward (3ph dropped) on mine if I push it forward and don't pull it back to the center (neutral) position. I'm convinced that is what they mean.

/ Issue with loader on B2320
Problem solved.

3 pt hitch was fine and had no bearing on loader going all the way down.

Curled bucket up just enough to remove pins and reinstall-- had no change.

Then I took the loader off completely except for unhooking the hoses. When reattaching I had to back the tractor up a bit for it to slide into position perfectly. That was it. Guess I jammed it up a bit. My 9 year old was with me and probably watching/listening to him and not paying as much attention as needed.

Appreciate the help, always good when you have that sinking feeling and its not correct.

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #8  
The 3ph lever will stay forward (3ph dropped) on mine if I push it forward and don't pull it back to the center (neutral) position. I'm convinced that is what they mean.

Yeah, that is correct, and I believe this is an intended sort of "float". Since the 3-pt never has down pressure, leaving the lever in this down position would also eliminate up-pressure, and theoretically let it float either way. I discovered this by accident when operating a box blade -- it comes in quite handy in that scenario.

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #9  
Yeah, that is correct, and I believe this is an intended sort of "float". Since the 3-pt never has down pressure, leaving the lever in this down position would also eliminate up-pressure, and theoretically let it float either way. I discovered this by accident when operating a box blade -- it comes in quite handy in that scenario.

I'm confused, I'm just not understanding what you guys are explaining. I don't understand how a 3ph is in neutral. If my lever is down, then my implement will be on the ground. Chances are your really not going to be using the FEL while a implement is dragging the ground. If the lever is up, then implement is raised. Somewhere in the middle then the implement is somewhere in the middle. How can it be in neutral? I can see the 3pt affecting the loader if the raise adjustment is set to high causing it to go into relief thus affecting FEL operation.

I'm trying to understand this because at times I think my FEL is weak and I want to make sure my 3pt is not affecting it.

/ Issue with loader on B2320 #10  
I'm confused, I'm just not understanding what you guys are explaining. I don't understand how a 3ph is in neutral. If my lever is down, then my implement will be on the ground. Chances are your really not going to be using the FEL while a implement is dragging the ground. If the lever is up, then implement is raised. Somewhere in the middle then the implement is somewhere in the middle. How can it be in neutral? I can see the 3pt affecting the loader if the raise adjustment is set to high causing it to go into relief thus affecting FEL operation.

I'm trying to understand this because at times I think my FEL is weak and I want to make sure my 3pt is not affecting it.
If the 3PT lever is stuck in the raise position it is calling for pressure and can hinder loader function. If it is in the middle(neutral) position or the down position it is not calling for pressure and should not affect loader control. The 3PH as I understand it is in the power beyond series circuit which by default is first come first serve. With position control you can choose where your implement will be with the range of the lever. 1/4" inching control has a neutral position. I apologize for any confusion my previous incorrect post has caused.

Last edited: