B8160 Weight Box

/ B8160 Weight Box #1  

Anonymous Poster

The Weight box for my BX22 showed up this weekend. For those wondering, the sticker says to add 300 lbs. weight for BX Series tractors and 500 lbs. for B Series tractors.

Thought this might be a point of reference for those wanting to make their own ballast weight systems.

Any good ideas of what I should use for weight in the box? I want to be able to add/remove the weight if needed so I would like something I could stack inside.

Thanks..... Dave....

/ B8160 Weight Box
I have bags of gravel. I use the green sand bags just fill them so you don't kill yourself loading them and right now I still have shrink wrap on the top to keep the rain(and during the winter snow)out so the gravel is dry.

Cheers
Tony

/ B8160 Weight Box
Dave, just curious...how much did that B8160 weight box cost? TYIA

/ B8160 Weight Box
Hi Jim,

Cost was $160.00 including tax. I ordered it a few weeks ago, the same time I bought my BX22.

Dave...

/ B8160 Weight Box #6  
Me too....$160 when got the tractor. I am using concrete pieces for weight. Also a good place for an adjustable wrench, chains, chain saw and other related tools.
I use a furniture mover for this box as I am not really up to moving 300 plus pounds around my shop. Just drop it on the mover, disconnect and shove it out of the way. Also use furniture movers for front blade and snowblower......guess I am h=just lazy.

/ B8160 Weight Box
Thanks folks. I like the idea of this solution better than my current "home-brew" cement wonder. And if I were to use 50 lb plastic bags of play sand (like I use for ballast in the base of my lathe) I'd be able to keep that box versatile for when I didn't need the extra weight. After all, I really only put on the hoe when I need to use it, but still need weight in the back for other work.