Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #21  
Yep, my wife of 43 years can remember all my screw ups from day one.:eek:
yeah but without these gals constantly reminding us, men would go through life thinking they were perfect.

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #22  
I was surprised to find that my Bolens had a screen in the fuel tank which prevented such events. Pretty handy to prevent such things from happening.

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #23  
Send her down here I have one of those spouts floating around in my Miller Bobcat welder tank.:)

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank
Send her down here I have one of those spouts floating around in my Miller Bobcat welder tank.:)
Sorry, I can't let her come to Tx. She's the same wife that told me I wasn't getting the crown molding straight on the ceiling when I was installing it when I was building my home. I insisted that I was and she seemed convinced I wasn't. I just stepped down from the ladder to let her try it so she could see it wasn't as simple and easy as she probably thought it was. I let her use my finish nail gun...............she finished the rest of the crown molding plus most of the baseboard and now has most of my tools (yes the finish nail gun for sure) in her sewing room. I actually have to look in 3 locations for tools now. Her sewing room, my workshop and the storage bldg at the rental property. Usually start in her sewing room because that's where most of it is. Had to buy her a full set of sockets and wrenches because she was always using mine and putting the sockets back in the case loose or in the wrong slot or not putting them back at all. She now has two sets of sockets and wrenches, mine and hers.:D

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #25  
Glad you got your spout out.

I might have to try again, we have the same tool pictured...

Also, our spout that fell in was much smaller than yours, so it might be hard to pickup.

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #26  
Sorry, I can't let her come to Tx. She's the same wife that told me I wasn't getting the crown molding straight on the ceiling when I was installing it when I was building my home. I insisted that I was and she seemed convinced I wasn't. I just stepped down from the ladder to let her try it so she could see it wasn't as simple and easy as she probably thought it was. I let her use my finish nail gun...............she finished the rest of the crown molding plus most of the baseboard and now has most of my tools (yes the finish nail gun for sure) in her sewing room. I actually have to look in 3 locations for tools now. Her sewing room, my workshop and the storage bldg at the rental property. Usually start in her sewing room because that's where most of it is. Had to buy her a full set of sockets and wrenches because she was always using mine and putting the sockets back in the case loose or in the wrong slot or not putting them back at all. She now has two sets of sockets and wrenches, mine and hers.:D

Good on ya!!!

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #27  
Nice job. Too bad someone doesn't make a screen ( like that small square galvanized stuff) that would fit into the fuel opening to keep that kind of thing from happening in the first place.

They do- it's called Mr. Funnel

Cap comes off, Mr. Funnel immediately replaces it. No chance of anything nasty entering the fuel tank, including water. Fuel filters last alot longer, too.

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #28  
Why is that hole so dam big anywho?

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank
   / Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #30  
Late one night I fueled up the B7500 over at the in-law's farm. Their diesel tank is set up with a regular service station type dispenser. It was dark enough that I didn't notice the rubber cover of the fuel cap stayed in the tank opening. When I inserted the fuel nozzle into the tank opening it poked the rubber cap into the tank. It is still in there and hasn't hurt anything. That was right after I bought the tractor 10 years ago.

I tried to fish the cap out with one of those three-fingered tools with no success. Maybe I should have enlisted Wifey's help?