Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
The short fuel spout on one of my 5 gallon fuel containers jumped:) into the fuel tank on my BX25 the last time I filled the tank. I tried fishing it out with a Squeeze the end and fingers open "thing" that I had to buy to replace the one I had that ran away. It was to short.
Tried parking on the side of a hill, again, tried it last week and still no luck. Did a couple of hours work moving mostly rocks and fuel got so low tractor sputtered and died. It restarted. Parked it on a hill again and tried getting the spout out by shaking the tractor and feeling around with my spring fingers "thing" but still no luck. I could hear it rattling around in the fuel tank when I'd shake the tractor. My wife came out and asked what I was doing and I explained it to her. She said I needed to try the Grandsons reach and squeeze tool and I explained to her that the handle wouldn't bend and it had to bend to get in the under the seat part of the tank.
Course being a woman she went in and got the tool anyway. I was having no luck so stepped aside for her but had been shaking the tractor often to see if it would float down to the lid hole. Anyway she sticks the thing in the hole and moves it around and I told her it wasn't flexible enough to get under the seat area of the tank as she pulled it out from beside the fuel hole.:confused2:
I'm sure it was my shaking the tractor that got it down to where she could pull it out.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 620
  • IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 884
   / Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #2  
I am sincerely glad that the spout was retrieved. Perhaps you are familiar with this old saying? "Behind every Good Man, there is a Good Woman standing behind him helping him along".:D

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #3  
When will these women learn, as men we are born right. Just ask us and we'll tell you. Clearly it was your shaking that did it but being a gentleman I assume you let her enjoy the feeling of being right even though she clearly was not. Women should thank us more often.

P.S. My GF doesn't read anything I post here. :laughing:

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #4  
I earned an advanced degree from my wife many years ago, a P.H.D., which means "please help dear". Sounds like you just graduated into the club too.

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #5  
Coulda just picked it up, tipped it over and shook it........ spout would'a fell right out. :D

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #6  
And now i know why i use a large old school "tractor" funnel, and no spout. Not only is it fast, but losing a spout cant happen :thumbsup:

Good job on the recovery. Im sure it was frustrating.

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #7  
JOHNTHOMAS,
What does the pile of rocks in the first photo have to do with the spout that jumped in your BX's fuel tank? :confused:

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #8  
Glad you recovered the spout. You have my condolences on how it was recovered. In twenty years, when she still reminds you of this day, you'll wish your tractor had burned to the ground yesterday.

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #9  
Nice job. Too bad someone doesn't make a screen ( like that small square galvanized stuff) that would fit into the fuel opening to keep that kind of thing from happening in the first place.

/ Got the fuel container spout out of tractor fuel tank #10  
Glad you recovered the spout. You have my condolences on how it was recovered. In twenty years, when she still reminds you of this day, you'll wish your tractor had burned to the ground yesterday.
Yep, my wife of 43 years can remember all my screw ups from day one.:eek: