Chipper

/ Chipper #21  
I have the TPH-122 mackissic chipper/shreader for the last 6 years and have had no problems with it. I run it on an L3830 (30 hp PTO). It does a great job partucularly with the shreading. The only thing I don't like is that it outputs the chips below the machine so you periodically have to clean them out or else they build up under the belt wheel and discharge area. Otherwise great machine - enjoy it! - Mike

/ Chipper #22  
I have been using a Wallenstein BX40 behind my B7100 for several years. It works well for use around the house up to 3" diameter oak. Pine and soft wood goes right through. Could I use more HP sure but this works very well for me.

/ Chipper #23  
I was going to ask about a chipper for my CC/Yanmar 2400 with 16.5hp at pto. Seems that is be a little light

/ Chipper #24  
Best thing about 3-pt chippers is that there are no wires or belts for pesky mice to chew on. Here's an inside look at mine.

Attachments

• Patu Chipper Inside.jpg
    Patu Chipper Inside.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 303
   / Chipper #25  
I run this BearCat chipper on my 1950 Ford 8N. No horsepower problems, but it is heavy. Quality is good and it works well. You would have to look and see if they have smaller chippers. Philip

Attachments

• TRACCHIPO2.jpg
    TRACCHIPO2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 221
  • TRACCHIPO1.jpg
    TRACCHIPO1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 234
   / Chipper #26  
I was going to ask about a chipper for my CC/Yanmar 2400 with 16.5hp at pto. Seems that is be a little light

The wallenstein BX32 is probably a good match for your tractor. There's some youtube videos of smaller tractors using it if you want an idea of performance. I'd also check the 3 pt lift capacity to make sure you can lift it easily since they're heavy units.

/ Chipper #28  
tractchores said:
The wallenstein BX32 is probably a good match for your tractor. There's some youtube videos of smaller tractors using it if you want an idea of performance. I'd also check the 3 pt lift capacity to make sure you can lift it easily since they're heavy units.

Thanks for the heads up. Specs say 650lbs lift.

/ Chipper #29  
Thanks for the heads up. Specs say 650lbs lift.

Should be good then, that model should be well under that. Mine's the bigger one and i think it's 600 lbs

/ Chipper
Well I picked up my Mighty Mac this morning. And I think it is a good match for the 1860. I tried it out this afternoon. Think I'll keep it. I tried to cheat a little on the RPM's. Bad move. Had to Bring it up to get the 540 But it really did the job. Tried out everything up to 3". The 1860 or the Mighty Mac never slowed down.The 3" does have to be trimmed to get it to the chipping blade At allmost 300# I think that would be close to the limit Weight wise. Thanks Tony

Attachments

• DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC00488.JPG
    DSC00488.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC00490.JPG
    DSC00490.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 229