Chipper

/ Chipper #31  
tonylumps said:
Well I picked up my Mighty Mac this morning. And I think it is a good match for the 1860. I tried it out this afternoon. Think I'll keep it. I tried to cheat a little on the RPM's. Bad move. Had to Bring it up to get the 540 But it really did the job. Tried out everything up to 3". The 1860 or the Mighty Mac never slowed down.The 3" does have to be trimmed to get it to the chipping blade At allmost 300# I think that would be close to the limit Weight wise. Thanks Tony

Nice looking unit. Mind if I.asked how much that cost ?

/ Chipper
That is the price. I bought it from my Kubota Dealer.He set it up on another 1860 cut the shaft, ran it so, I just went and picked it up saturday with the trailer.

/ Chipper #34  
Well I picked up my Mighty Mac this morning. And I think it is a good match for the 1860. I tried it out this afternoon. Think I'll keep it. I tried to cheat a little on the RPM's. Bad move. Had to Bring it up to get the 540 But it really did the job. Tried out everything up to 3". The 1860 or the Mighty Mac never slowed down.The 3" does have to be trimmed to get it to the chipping blade At allmost 300# I think that would be close to the limit Weight wise. Thanks Tony

Where do the chips discharge at? On the ground? Philip.

/ Chipper #35  
e
Where do the chips discharge at? On the ground? Philip.

Yep, and they do add up fast, so you have to stop chipping and either move the tractor or pull them out.

Tony,

Make sure you wear a long sleeve shirt if you load stuff into the top hopper. It pulls the stuff really fast into the shredder and can scratch you pretty good. Also I added some padding to the top lip to reduce the pain on your arm when the hammers pull the material into the hopper before you can let go.

/ Chipper #36  
e

Yep, and they do add up fast, so you have to stop chipping and either move the tractor or pull them out.

Yikes, thats allot of work. I paid a little more money, but I never have to move chips off the ground. With discharge chute, you can blow wherever you want (fence line, drainage ditch, low spot in field), or blow in back of pick-up truck for disposal at a different site. Philip.

/ Chipper
I bought a discharge bag but I am waiting for one part to mount it, so have not used it yet. From the size of the bag and what I chipped yesterday it will hold a lot. The bag is about 48"Lx30'W.I would like to take the chipper to the pile and dump the chips where I need them. I will let you know how that works out. Maybe it won't we'll see.

/ Chipper
e

Tony,

Make sure you wear a long sleeve shirt if you load stuff into the top hopper. It pulls the stuff really fast into the shredder and can scratch you pretty good. Also I added some padding to the top lip to reduce the pain on your arm when the hammers pull the material into the hopper before you can let go.

To late it got me. But not again.

/ Chipper
I bought a discharge bag but I am waiting for one part to mount it, so have not used it yet. From the size of the bag and what I chipped yesterday it will hold a lot. The bag is about 48"Lx30'W.I would like to take the chipper to the pile and dump the chips where I need them. I will let you know how that works out. Maybe it won't we'll see.

/ Chipper #40  

Tony,

What I do it to take the metal baffle plate door off (see part # below) and mount it below and put my Vermont Cart next to the chipper. I then blow the chips into the cart. I sometimes put a tarp under the chipper so any chips that fall I can just pick up the tarp and dump the them in the cart.

Here is the cart I have Carts Vermont :: Garden Carts :: Large Garden Cart

The baffle plate is part 900-0010

http://www.mackissic.com/Assembly Drawings/TPH122 Assembly and Parts List.pdf